Personnel moves....

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

B.C.FAN
Team Captain

joe kapp22 wrote:
BCLionsDen Brian Wawryshyn
It appears as though Davis Sanchez may be placed on the nine game list after issues with his elbow have flared up. Did not practice today.
And that could be all she wrote for Davis Sanchez.
I expected Sanchez's salary to be cleared to make way for Kornegay. This is the kind way to do it, and it leaves open the possibility of Sanchez returning for the stretch run, if needed.
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

Valli looked like he took a stinger about 1/3 way through practice. Looked ok by the end of practice, would figure he'll be good to go for this Friday.
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:
WestCoastJoe wrote:Desperation moves.

Bring on the NFL air lift.

Shuffling chairs on ...

a) the Titanic

b) the Good Ship Lollypop

c) a Ship of Fools

d) the Flagship of the CFL :wink:

Instability in the player ranks, but, Hey, we have stability in the coaching ranks. Whooo Hoooooooo
Falls into the category of filling your roster with former bitter players of your competition, hoping that you gain some insight to their strategies and views of the Lions strengths/weaknesses. If Witlock was to be signed, he would be one of Dennis (just prior to the Hamilton game), Kornegay (signed just prior to the Riders game) and now Witlock. There is a pattern, and you can derive one or two negative reasons, one that the Lions need the inside information on opponents in order to prepare for them, or two, the current lineup is so poor as to allow three cast offs to start for the Lions, let alone make the roster. Add to that the addition of Kelly Bates and you can understand why the Lions are currently the free space on the CFL bingo card.
Sounds like Wally is expecting each rejected player from rivals will play for the Lions with some degree of edge and spite against their previous teams, like the way castoffs have an edge to burn Wally for being flushed from the Leos ranks

Sorry but not nearly the same degree of hate involved
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
David
Team Captain

PigSkin_53 wrote:Sounds like Wally is expecting each rejected player from rivals will play for the Lions with some degree of edge and spite against their previous teams, like the way castoffs have an edge to burn Wally for being flushed from the Leos ranks....
Not exactly. In bizarre decision #346 this year, we left Jerome Dennis off the active roster against Hamilton 2 weeks ago due to the fact he arrived after the first practice of the week and was deemed not ready to be activated. :dizzy:

This despite the fact he publicly stated he wanted to exact revenge on his old team,
“They did me wrong,” Dennis told reporters. “I’ve got an added incentive to make sure these guys [Ticats] lose. I’m pumped.”
Meanwhile, the rest of his defensive teammates came out flatter than week old ginger ale.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
cromartie
Hall of Famer

I don't think they need former players to reveal anything to them. they got film enough on other teams.
I think when it comes to Quality Control, they need all the help they can get, frankly.
David
Team Captain

I normally take Perry Lefko with a grain of salt. Check that, a box of Morton's. But I think this rumour has substance. Wally is interested in dealing with Obie for Maurice Mann or Marquay McDaniel.

article here.

Roar, You Lions, Roar
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

i got 404ed on that link David.

UPDATE - sorry, fixed it. Thanks. - DH
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

David wrote:I normally take Perry Lefko with a grain of salt. Check that, a box of Morton's. But I think this rumour has substance. Wally is interested in dealing with Obie for Maurice Mann or Marquay McDaniel.

article here.

Wally's strategy right now is simple. It has worked in the past.

Lose game - cut player, send message.

Lose more games - cut other players, send message.

Lose again - trade for a guy you were afraid of 7 years ago (Charles Roberts).

Other part of the strategy is go to ground. Keep a bit more quiet than usual as the fans are now getting tired of the same old lines they are being fed.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Blitz
Team Captain

Toppy Vann wrote:
David wrote:I normally take Perry Lefko with a grain of salt. Check that, a box of Morton's. But I think this rumour has substance. Wally is interested in dealing with Obie for Maurice Mann or Marquay McDaniel.

article here.

Wally's strategy right now is simple. It has worked in the past.

Lose game - cut player, send message.

Lose more games - cut other players, send message.

Lose again - trade for a guy you were afraid of 7 years ago (Charles Roberts).

Other part of the strategy is go to ground. Keep a bit more quiet than usual as the fans are now getting tired of the same old lines they are being fed.
You've got him down Toppy Vann!!! :rockin:

Right now Wally is trying to work out a trade for an injured, non - producing Arland Bruce. Scary!!!!!!!
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
ducepot
Rookie

Getting some OC and DC help would be more appropriate,especially @ OC :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:
Rammer
Team Captain

this is equivalent to the old adage of 'if you can't beat them, join them', although a slight of hand on how it is being applied.

A trade may be the necessary shakeup the Lions need to get jump started, but at what expense could that come to for the woeful Lions. This trade is spare parts for the now deep Tiger-Cats, but I doubt that we can trade one or two of Dennis/Kornegay, it will be a significant starter plus a draft pick.

Still I do find it strange that all the parts being stated in this article are Tiger-Cats, not the mention of one Lion. :popcorn:
Entertainment value = an all time low
Bibleblaster
prospect

Greetings on 1st post. Have been following since 05? Used to be called hazmat.

Okay, first of all I would like to say that Dobson Collins is a keeper. Seems like a few drops with the fans and you're done, son, but actually I think this guy would be foolhardy to discard. Clearly in previous games, he has been good at obtaining YAC yards, including a 51 yard gain. Despite the few drops, I believe this guy has potential. I don't care what anyone says, one of the four passes last game (along the sidelines) was a questionable throw at best. I really hope this guy isn't thrown under the bus and given another chance this year. We might need him.. as I don't think guys like Kamau Peterson are quick enough for 51 yarders. Do I think Collins should start wide side? No. Other guys with experience should get the chance. We already have enough rookie receivers, is it any surprise we chronically drop the ball.

I was never for the acquisition of Jamal Robertson. Nothing against the guy, but there were a lot of better options available. There always is when you look into the colleges of the states. Young fresh backs are the ingredients to success, that goes with corners and safeties.

I am tired of watching this management squander their personnel's potential. Why are our non import backs not utilized at their natural positions. Jamal Lee at fullback? Give me a break. Everybody and their dog knows you're passing.

BC was not strong enough on the D line for a 3-4 defense. It doesn't help when you play the pass, they pass, and you can't tackle. Seems like this team going for broke and playing prevent d. Good strategy, if it works, obviously it isn't with this personnel.

Here's my player management suggestions

Release Kamau Peterson
Release Ryan Phillips
Release Davis Sanchez
Release Anton Mckenzie
Release Jacque Chapdelaine
Release JR Larose
Release Jason Arakgi
Release Angus Reid
Release Brent Johnson

Obviously some of these players can only be phased out over time. Nothing against these guys personally but their time has come and passed with our storied franchise.

Solutions

Banks to safety ASAP. Can you say natural position. This defensive backfield needs capable LEADERSHIP, especially if the recent free acquisitions are to be implemented and utilized hastily and confidently. Who better to anchor the secondary?
David
Team Captain

CB Travis Williams has been released. Dobson Collins goes back to the practice roster. Davis Sanchez has, in fact, been added to the 9-game.

Roster additions for tomorrow's game: Tad Kornegay, Joe Henderson, Nick Moore. (source: BCLions.com)

Does anyone know Eric Taylor's status? I assume he's healthy again - could use the big man tomorrow!

Roar, You Lions, Roar
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Wow, that #1 jersey number has not been kind. IIRC, wasn't that you know who's number? And then Williams. Now Bruce. Hopefully he'll bring some long term success to the usually positive digit.... After all don't we all want to be number one.
Rammer
Team Captain

notahomer wrote:Wow, that #1 jersey number has not been kind. IIRC, wasn't that you know who's number? And then Williams. Now Bruce. Hopefully he'll bring some long term success to the usually positive digit.... After all don't we all want to be number one.
What was Borden's number?
Entertainment value = an all time low