Will the Lions make the Playoffs?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Do the Lions make the Playoff?

Yes
40%
No
60%

Total votes: 43
lion24
Legend

Playoffs??............Playoffs!!?

Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
joe kapp22
Legend

Honestly do not know, first and foremost...win a darn game.

cannot help myself....

Translates in any league..playoffs? playoffs? are u kidding me..I just hope we can win a game...

That is where we are at.

Would like to be here:

Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

could be worse. just ask the argos. coach of the year ppfffffft
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

Argos have WON a game. It aint worse
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

West Coast Blue Fan wrote:Argos have WON a game. It aint worse
in spite of barker.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

KnowItAll wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:
swervynmerv wrote:God I hope not, otherwise the same mediocrity will occur next year. I would rather lose and force wholesale changes in coaches and aging personnel. Making the playoffs last year was probablythe worst thing that could have happened for this season.
My sentiments as well. To make the playoffs will send Buono the message that everything is fine and should stay the course.
but what if they just make it into the playoffs, and then win the cup?
Buono will retire to the front office. Benevides will be elevated to Head Coach, Chapdelaine and the rest of the coaching staff will probably be back. And the Lions will probably start next season 0-5
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Braley's 2 teams have a combined record of 1-10 this season.

Lions and Argos are not a shipwreck.

Regards,

David Braley
David
Team Captain

KnowItAll wrote:
in spite of barker.
Man, their coaching is as suspect as ours. Argos with momentum in the final minute - 3rd and 4 with a running back who's averaging 8 yards a carry....and Barker decides to bring out their 2nd string kicker to go for a 57 yarder into a slight breeze instead? Not to mention not having enough men on the field in a crucial punt formation late in the game. :dizzy:

Oh well, at least it was fun to watch Foley get swallowed up by offensive tackles again. Still can't believe he had 12 sacks for us a couple of years ago. What does he have after 5 games this year, 1? He should be a linebacker because he's around the ball a lot and makes a lot of tackles. But he's no rush end. Even with Wroten and Huntley consistently moving the pocket back he still gets no pressure on the QB.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
D
Team Captain

of course they will .... it just might not be this year
I own The Grey Cup! .com
medalion
prospect

I'm voting yes for two reasons, the Lions have not been rely blown out or been outplayed to a drastic degree in the 5 games so far, in fact the Eskischmoe game Was the only one where they looked like a second rate team.
the second reason that they will make the playoffs is that they have not played any of these teams second time yet. they could easily have won 3 or 4 of those games and may do so on the return matches.
its not inconceivable that they could win 4 of the next 5 and be 4 -6 -10 good for third spot in the west behind Calgary and Edmonton (hell its not like we havent been there before lol)
swervynmerv
Legend

Another thing to consider in regards to coaching is whether Braley sells the team after this season to local investors. If that happens, then they may decide to clean house anyways, even if we squeek into the playoffs. The fan in me always hope/wants the Leos to make it and get a shot at the cup, especially over the Riders; however, for the long term health of this team a complete fresh start in the coaching and culture is needed and if going 5-13 is the only way to get it done, so be it.
Anglophone
All Star

I was under the impression that Braley was going to hold onto the Lions and the Argos as a long-term investment. Is this not true?
swervynmerv
Legend

Anglophone wrote:I was under the impression that Braley was going to hold onto the Lions and the Argos as a long-term investment. Is this not true?
I heard David Pratt saying yesterday on the Team that rumour as that Braley was going to hang on to the Lions for this year in order to re-coup some of his investment through Grey Cup money. After the GC he would sell the team and concentrate on the Argos.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Anglophone wrote:I was under the impression that Braley was going to hold onto the Lions and the Argos as a long-term investment. Is this not true?
Braley stood up to bat when nobody wanted the Lions. Could be had just by agreeing to pay the bills. He is extremely loyal to the league. IMO he saved the league by saving the Lions.

IMO it was not about being a good investment for him. That may have happened, but it was secondary to his loyalty IMO.

I don't think he wants to own two teams for the long term. One would be sufficient. And even then, owning one, he would always be available to jump in again, in a crisis, and temporarily own two teams.

It is not about the money for him. He just loves the league. Like most pro sports teams, the owner can expect to lose money.

For the wealthy, a pro sports team is the ultimate toy.

IMO ...
1greatmysticbushape
Champion

its good to be wealthy.