Will the Lions make the Playoffs?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Do the Lions make the Playoff?

Yes
40%
No
60%

Total votes: 43
Rammer
Team Captain

Straight up question with 5 starts under their belt. Just want to measure the faith the Lion fans have in this season being salvaged like last years miracle.
Entertainment value = an all time low
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

We'll be lucky to win 5 games
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
lbooper
prospect

no
The_Pauser
Legend

I vote no, but that could easily change. Stay ahead of Saskatchewan (1 game behind) and Toronto (1 game behind) and we're sitting in a playoff spot.
Roar you Lions roar!
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

all the lions need to do is sweep sask and they are in.

unless tor picks it up a notch.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
swervynmerv
Legend

God I hope not, otherwise the same mediocrity will occur next year. I would rather lose and force wholesale changes in coaches and aging personnel. Making the playoffs last year was probablythe worst thing that could have happened for this season.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

swervynmerv wrote:God I hope not, otherwise the same mediocrity will occur next year. I would rather lose and force wholesale changes in coaches and aging personnel. Making the playoffs last year was probablythe worst thing that could have happened for this season.
:whs:
Couldn't have said it better :)
Real women wear orange!!
1greatmysticbushape
Champion

grey cup here we come!
swervynmerv
Legend

CatsEyes wrote:
swervynmerv wrote:God I hope not, otherwise the same mediocrity will occur next year. I would rather lose and force wholesale changes in coaches and aging personnel. Making the playoffs last year was probablythe worst thing that could have happened for this season.
I should preface this comment by saying I am assuming that Wally will not step down or make any major coaching changes(i.e. Benevides/Chap). If he does, then my opinion changes and I hope they make the playoffs.
Rammer
Team Captain

swervynmerv wrote:
CatsEyes wrote:
I should preface this comment by saying I am assuming that Wally will not step down or make any major coaching changes(i.e. Benevides/Chap). If he does, then my opinion changes and I hope they make the playoffs.
Wally and company won't be going anywhere this season, so your initial statement holds true and I might add correct.
Entertainment value = an all time low
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

Pretty tired of hearing about how we came back from 1-7 last year. Most of last year, as we were told was due to Printers, this season, apparently no one knows....but we're studying the tapes ( must be tape if Wally is using it and not digital media like the rest of the world) and promise to be better next week <insert "what's it gonna take for me to put you into this used Pinto?">
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

My sentiments as well. To make the playoffs will send Buono the message that everything is fine and should stay the course.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:
My sentiments as well. To make the playoffs will send Buono the message that everything is fine and should stay the course.
but what if they just make it into the playoffs, and then win the cup?
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

I voted no. Partially because I believe that, and partially because I sort of hope for that. Yes, I would prefer the LIons to get their crap together and become a dominant team. But I live on planet earth and the sky I look at is blue.... and I have to admit that this is a team with some serious problems from the top down.

Edmonton has enough of a pad that even if they prove to be not as good as their early record indicates, they should be able to coast to 3rd place from here. Calgary is decent and should be able to put up a fight for first or second. The Riders are the wild card. If they are as bad as they appear to be right now, then MAYBE, just maybe we can stink our way into the WDSF as the road team while the Riders are left out in the cold. But somehow I don't believe that will happen either.

Worst case scenario for 2011 is that we somehow make the playoffs and even win a post season game. I think WB is done as HC this year no matter what. But anything less than missing the playoffs may give him the latitude to anoint The Chap of MB as his successor. SHUDDER.