Phillips needs to be gone

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

lion24
Legend

I have been tough on this guy but sorry he is a finesse db not making any interceptions when he has the chance. If he is not getting picks he is useless as he has no desire to hit anyone.............while we are at it see ya Collins, Sanchez, Chap, etc
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
Don Miller
Legend

Phillips can't tackle and won't play aggressively. Sanchez as well he also has lost a step.
Peanut Butter Joe/Willie Show
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

It is not as much an individual problem as a collective team problem.

I think that Hyland should have been kept and coached. Dumping too many and making too many changes is not good.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

lion24 wrote:I have been tough on this guy but sorry he is a finesse db not making any interceptions when he has the chance. If he is not getting picks he is useless as he has no desire to hit anyone.............while we are at it see ya Collins, Sanchez, Chap, etc
Yup.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

lion24 wrote:... not making any interceptions when he has the chance...
What are these things called interceptions you speak of..... :wink:
MacNews
Team Captain

Toppy Vann wrote:It is not as much an individual problem as a collective team problem..
I agree, they're all bad at tackling. It would take 5 of them, but at least they could tackle this game...somewhat.
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

Wouldn't surprise me to see Collins released. Too many drops and 1 stupid penalty too much.
Area51
All Star

How embarassing was it when Brink dropped his shoulder and ran over Phillips for the 1st down? I can understand him being hesitant to take on a big RB, but getting trucked by a back up QB?
Rammer
Team Captain

Area51 wrote:How embarassing was it when Brink dropped his shoulder and ran over Phillips for the 1st down? I can understand him being hesitant to take on a big RB, but getting trucked by a back up QB?
That was classic Phillips as we all see, however in the past he has had INT's to help overlook that, not so much anymore. :popcorn:
Entertainment value = an all time low
Anglophone
All Star

Toppy Vann wrote:Dumping too many and making too many changes is not good.
That's not always the case. Edmonton had a lot of personnel changes.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Anglophone wrote:
Toppy Vann wrote:Dumping too many and making too many changes is not good.
That's not always the case. Edmonton had a lot of personnel changes.
Yes but they did it OFF season.

The players and coaches kept fit the new culture that Tillman and K. Reed were looking to establish in their organization and team and they assembled a coaching staff who picked players that fit what they wanted to go and the attitude they wanted their players to have. Everything was planned from the size and speed of receivers - placing faith in the ability of their coaches to turn last year's bad drop guy from the Bombers to the rookies.

Now with just cast offs around is hardly the time for who scale changes.

One should be to bring Hyland back at Safety.

Phillips was not alone tonight in not making plays.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

First off, Hyland is not coming back, so let's put that away. No way the coaching staff would admit to a mistake.

Ruffin looks good and should stay at HB. Size and speed and although he was burnt by Denmark, albeit because Sanchez blew any help by taking the wrong angle, Ruffin still has been steady.

Williams should be back next game vs the Riders and should stay at short side CB. Marsh stays at Wide side CB

Either Kornegay or Dennis could take Phillips HB position, but for now lets put Dennis in there, he didn't look bad last night and at least he tackles.

So we now would have to move Sanchez out from safety and move Kornegay or Reddick Or LaRose to safety. My choice would be Reddick, but that ain't going to happen with Pasquale running this ship. Kornegay will get the nod because MB is now in panic mode.

That leaves either Sanchez or Phillips or even both getting their walking papers. My guess is Sanchez is gone by Monday.

Because of ratio, we either have to start PJack again or Yurichuk becomes a starter. I guess that depends on how bad McKenzie is hurt.
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
Area51
All Star

West Coast Blue Fan wrote:
That leaves either Sanchez or Phillips or even both getting their walking papers. My guess is Sanchez is gone by Monday.

Because of ratio, we either have to start PJack again or Yurichuk becomes a starter. I guess that depends on how bad McKenzie is hurt.
The lack of NI talent on the team makes it tough to let Sanchez go. If you're just looking to cut old unproductive players, you might as well let Brent Johnson go too.

I don't think Yurichuck is any more ready to step in than Aragki was. Unless they conceed there's no chance for this year and just give the young NIs a chance to see if they have any hope at all as starters.
Rammer
Team Captain

Area51 wrote:
West Coast Blue Fan wrote:

The lack of NI talent on the team makes it tough to let Sanchez go. If you're just looking to cut old unproductive players, you might as well let Brent Johnson go too.

I don't think Yurichuck is any more ready to step in than Aragki was. Unless they conceed there's no chance for this year and just give the young NIs a chance to see if they have any hope at all as starters.
BJ sticks, afterall our NI talent is now scouring the coaching ranks.

Lions are getting very close to that concession of playing for next season, if the Riders win their next two, that is the scenario from my perspective.
Entertainment value = an all time low