TiCats @ Lions - Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Rodu wrote:I always hated the single point for a missed FG
But I was looking forward to a forward pass and punt out of the end zone for the Tie.

Instead we get JC and Lulay trying to be the show and not team guys... going for the long strikes vs. moving down and just getting a score. Hope Lulay can learn - we know that JC can't.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
lion24
Legend

You know we are in trouble when you have the heavy hitter Phillips at safety and no coaching or urgency on this team.........brutal. I am sick of watching seasons wasted away before the first quarter of the year :bang:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
SammyGreene
Team Captain

No Ordinary Joe wrote:
SammyGreene wrote:2 straight subpar games for Lulay and this time with a decent running attack. He was simply not good enough with the game on the line tonight. :bang: :bang: :bang:
Good to have somebody else not making excuses for Lulay.
Agreed NOJ. That over throw to a wide open Gore (who was in FG range with the catch) was the dagger. And that was with all the time in the world and no one in his face.
swervynmerv
Legend

I am so mad I am shaking! This is an absolute embarassment. Changes MUST be made and not just the players. It is apparent and not just this season , but over the last THREE seasons that this Coaching Staff is not getting it done.
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Can this be real?

“Well you know you have to take away the running game”

Ok so what does Buono go from “rock bottom’ after tonight?

This guy really scares the bejabbers out of me, his abject arrogance week after week from Jeckle running desperate scared at the conclusion of last weeks game, to Hide Joe cocky at the beginning of the next weeks game.

None of this has a shred of credibility, duhh who do you think you’re fooling Pasquale???

Game over over Wally...classic looser...another one in the books! :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
Rodu
Champion

In all fairness, what are the chances Gore would have dropped the pass? Lulay needs to get some accuracy, and defense need to re learn how to tackle
Kamloops Lion
All Star

SammyGreene wrote:2 straight subpar games for Lulay and this time with a decent running attack. He was simply not good enough with the game on the line tonight. :bang: :bang: :bang:
He commands an offence that scores 106 points in four games.
That's 26+ points per game.
Entering tonight, the Leos' offence was third-highest scoring in the CFL.
Meanwhile, the Lions' D has allowed 136 points in four games.
That's an average of almost 35 points per game.
And the secondary has 157 missed tackles.
Yet the woes are placed on Lulay's shoulders.
Sure . . .
Rammer
Team Captain

Hambone wrote:Who woulda thunk Cobourne's TD would've given the Leos one more chance?
Yep Lions ineptitude on D almost allowed them to crawl back into the game. Had the Lions done so, do the Lions continue with the shoddy tackling in future games, seeing as how it helped in this game? :popcorn: :ref:
Entertainment value = an all time low
CFLFanfromVancouver
prospect

I am so mad guys words cannot describe, I'll cool down here ...but damn...tough game coming up in Winnipeg on Thursday...
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

Rodu wrote:In all fairness, what are the chances Gore would have dropped the pass? Lulay needs to get some accuracy, and defense need to re learn how to tackle
Gore at least deserves the chance to either make the play or not, the pass that Lulay threw him wasn't even close. If Gore dropped it, well, so be it, but it's a lot easier to kick him to the curb than it is to dump Lulay. As much as I dislike him as our QB, we really don't have a better option and I'd rather the goat be Gore than for yet another L be hung on the guy under center.
Rammer
Team Captain

CFLFanfromVancouver wrote:I am so mad guys words cannot describe, I'll cool down here ...but damn...tough game coming up in Winnipeg on Thursday...
Myself not so much and that is a sad day in this household.
Entertainment value = an all time low
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

Kamloops Lion wrote:
Sure . . .
Garbage points count towards those numbers too. Lulay's play costs us at key moments in the game. Tonight's overthrown balls on a potential game winning drive, his slow start last week where we couldn't generate a first down until the dying moments of the first half while we kept falling further and further behind limiting a comeback is another example. Yes, we put points on the board, but his miscues cost us hugely and yes that's on him. Sure, there's others to blame, a lot of them. But he's supposed to be our leader and for two weeks in a row now he's been a big factor in these losses. Not what I expect or demand from our "leader"
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Kamloops Lion wrote:
Sure . . .
And he is also 0 for 2 in games with the ball and the opportunity to drive his team for the tying or winning FG and failed to do so. Believe me, this ship has lots of leaks but one 2nd half TD tonight is not good enough.
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Well you know, we came out battling right Wally?

“We fought back, we fought back,

We stuck to our game plan tonight when you look at the guys who missed their tackles”

Well Rick you got to do the little things right”

What can you say, he just has no one to account to right Mr. Braley??? :tp:
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
swervynmerv
Legend

SammyGreene wrote:
Kamloops Lion wrote:
Sure . . .
And he is also 0 for 2 in games with the ball and the opportunity to drive his team for the tying or winning FG and failed to do so. Believe me, this ship has lots of leaks but one 2nd half TD tonight is not good enough.
In the end, Travis Lulay has been average or less than average this season. In a QB driven league that is not good enough. There are lots of goats tonight, but the fact is the QB with the game on the line missed two open recievers to move the ball closer to FG range for the win. The QB is paid to make those plays.