Locker room sale

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

almo89
Legend

So did anybody go today? I got myself my first ever authentic jersey. I have no idea why the CFL doesn't sell authentic jerseys. These are WAY nicer than replicas. I got myself a Gore jersey. Hopefully he will be a star with us for many years to come. Team1040 was there to broadcast Tom Mayenknecht's show. The turn out was really nice.
Rammer
Team Captain

almo89 wrote:So did anybody go today? I got myself my first ever authentic jersey. I have no idea why the CFL doesn't sell authentic jerseys. These are WAY nicer than replicas. I got myself a Gore jersey. Hopefully he will be a star with us for many years to come. Team1040 was there to broadcast Tom Mayenknecht's show. The turn out was really nice.
Nice selection on the Gore jersey, that should be viable for the Lion's ST work for the next couple of seasons at least. :wink: If any young Lion is going to make it as a starter, Gore seems like the most logical.
Entertainment value = an all time low
almo89
Legend

Rammer wrote:
almo89 wrote:So did anybody go today? I got myself my first ever authentic jersey. I have no idea why the CFL doesn't sell authentic jerseys. These are WAY nicer than replicas. I got myself a Gore jersey. Hopefully he will be a star with us for many years to come. Team1040 was there to broadcast Tom Mayenknecht's show. The turn out was really nice.
Nice selection on the Gore jersey, that should be viable for the Lion's ST work for the next couple of seasons at least. :wink: If any young Lion is going to make it as a starter, Gore seems like the most logical.
HAHAHA nice. Yeah the reason why I got it is cause he seems like the next in line to be a starter. I was gonna get Whyte's, but it was only the away jersey. Not a big fan of away jerseys of any team. Too plain. Lumbala, Whyte, La Rose and a few others were there to sign autographs. Jamie Taras was there in charge of the auctions.
Spud387
Champion

Wasn't nearly as much stuff as previous years. Lots of authentic stuff left at 10am. I picked up a shirt for the girl and a replica white for $50
woody
Champion

Yeah not a big selection of stuff,I only bought 4 toques as stocking stuffers .
donefron
Starter

Last year was way better, the Amp side alone last year made the sale, this year it was hard to find anything that was a real bargain. Except maybe some of the silent auction stuff Yonus Davis vintage style helmet didn't even have an opening bid until 25 minutes before the end time. Sold for $325 I think, even Paul McCallum's helmet only got $275
Rammer
Team Captain

donefron wrote:Last year was way better, the Amp side alone last year made the sale, this year it was hard to find anything that was a real bargain. Except maybe some of the silent auction stuff Yonus Davis vintage style helmet didn't even have an opening bid until 25 minutes before the end time. Sold for $325 I think, even Paul McCallum's helmet only got $275
As long as David didn't take home an Elimimian or Davis jersey, I will be happy.
Entertainment value = an all time low
almo89
Legend

Any idea why the league and the club doesn't sell authentic jerseys? I only get replicas for hockey jerseys since the difference between authentic and replica isn't much. For CFL jerseys, it's a huge difference. I'd like to see the club sell authentic jerseys in the future.
David
Team Captain

Rammer wrote:
donefron wrote:Last year was way better, the Amp side alone last year made the sale, this year it was hard to find anything that was a real bargain. Except maybe some of the silent auction stuff Yonus Davis vintage style helmet didn't even have an opening bid until 25 minutes before the end time. Sold for $325 I think, even Paul McCallum's helmet only got $275
As long as David didn't take home an Elimimian or Davis jersey, I will be happy.
Ha-ha. Very funny!

For those that might not know what he's talking about, I've had some terrible luck with purchasing game-worn jerseys, with the name on the back of the jersey becoming an "ex-Leo" shortly after the purchase (we can add "Casey Printers" to the list!). For the record, I bought an orange Jamal Lee and a 70's retro Anthony Reddick, and a 70's retro Jason Arakgi helmet. :thup: Couldn't see any black jerseys for sale though. :sigh:

Great turnout. Got there 45 minutes before opening and there were already about 20-30 people in front of us. By the time the doors opened at 9:00am, there were about 60-70 people behind my friend and me. I agree with others, the selection in the locker room and adjacent building selling AMP merchandise (the club's retailer) was pretty weak. Didn't buy any of that stuff.

Most of the retro 70's jerseys and lids were snapped up. The away jerseys and regular helmets? Not so much.

DH
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Bosco
Team Captain

I found the "sale" to be a complete waste of time. :thdn:

Other than the hemets and game worn jerseys, there was very little else worthwhile to be purchased. Little to no supply of tee shirts, hoodies, jackets, etc.

This could have and should have been a better event.
AC/DC Rocks
Champion

So we can blame David if Jamal Lee ain't around much longer. :tease:
Bighill is Badass
KAPP22
prospect

My wife and daughter went this year and as mentioned above they did not think it was very good. Last year I really wanted a 64 game worn retro jersey and was surprised when I returned from Vegas that these jerseys and helmuts were sold on the CFL Auction site. I thought this year would be the same but nothing for the Lions has been listed. Also last year the Tinsletown store was open and my daughter said the selection was pretty good and I received a nice leather bag for Xmas, too bad it was not open this year. The Lions should do a better job with this sale and find a manufaturer and distributor with a little more imagination and enthusiasim. :yahoo:
AC/DC Rocks
Champion

I was going to stop by but got to busy, sounds like a didn't miss much.
Bighill is Badass
SammyGreene
Team Captain

In this day and age it's beyond me why the one day merchandise sale isn't extended to include the team web store for all the out-of-town fans or those who that can't get to Surrey. The club needs to realize the more who wear Lions gear the better.
roger_aldag
Rookie

I had no idea this event was a popular as it was. Wanted to get a football, but was out of luck. Any idea how early you need to be in order to snag one?