Lions @ Alouettes - Pre-Game Picks, et cetera

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

Lionheart wrote:
Rammer wrote:If the Lions lose tonight
If the Lions lose tonight I think we should get really drunk and get to that "I love you man!" stage as fast as possible. :roar:

QFT
bclions16
Champion

Lionheart wrote:
Rammer wrote:If the Lions lose tonight
If the Lions lose tonight I think we should get really drunk and get to that "I love you man!" stage as fast as possible. :roar:
Allow me to get it started early.

This one goes out to someone very special... Yes, I'm looking at you Solar Max...

[youtube][/youtube]
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
zark
Champion

This is the kind of crap that makes that other lions forum a joke. Every one just badgers each other and then the despot kicks out any one he doesn't know.Yeck. Lets lock this thread...?
"'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Groucho Marx
bclions16
Champion

zark wrote:This is the kind of crap that makes that other lions forum a joke. Every one just badgers each other and then the despot kicks out any one he doesn't know.Yeck. Lets lock this thread...?
What? No one at bclionsden.ca (oh no, I said it!) knows me and I haven't been kicked out.

A post like this will get you *****

* Note the asterisks in the line above was put there by a mod. So it looks like I said something quite rude or a curse - it was neither. If a mod wants to censor it, that's fine as it's not my site to run. However if the censoring makes it look like the tone was completely different that what I intended I have to say something. As for the youtube clip, just a joke everyone.
Last edited by bclions16 on Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

http://www.theprovince.com/story_print. ... 2&sponsor=

His teammates bought a ticket for Joash Gesse to be at the game in his home town.
Not only did he contribute his game cheque to the ALS Society of Quebec and research fund established by ex-CFLer Tony Proudfoot, the North Delta product and almost all of his teammates made a last-second decision to pay for the flight home of rookie linebacker Joash Gesse.

The Montreal native had played in all eight games to date but was put on the one-game injured list by coach/GM Wally Buono in order to activate fellow non-import Jason Arakgi.

Gesse, one of seven children raised in suburban Laval, Que., by his single mom, had been looking forward to playing for the first time as a pro in his hometown on special teams but was left behind Wednesday.

"I'd been looking at this game ever since I was drafted," he said. The Als had also played a part in the development of Gesse, a second-round B.C. pick who attended the University of Montreal, awarding him a bursary as part of a commitment by the club towards Quebec student athletes.

He'll at least get to stand on the sidelines tonight, thanks to his teammates, who only learned of his altered roster status on the flight here.
Kudos to the Lions players for their generosity. And to Davis Sanchez, as classy a guy as you'll find anywhere.
"The real pain in the ass about all this losing is that we've got really good people and they work really hard on this team," lineman Brent Johnson said.

Also on that list is Sanchez, who handed over his game cheque in the hotel lobby to Proudfoot, who can only communicate with the computer on his lap seated in a wheelchair, equipped with a breathing tube.

"That's the human part of it," said Sanchez.

Standing a few steps away, it made everything Buono said, as he was being grilled about his failures and that of his team, seem utterly irrelevant.

-- Lowell Ullrich
Irrelevant? Football compared to life? True. A shot at Buono, who has shown much disrespect to reporters over the years? Possibly.
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

notahomer wrote:I love this weekend for football.
Me too. How sweet is this?

http://lsufootball.net/tvschedule-100904.htm
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

WestCoastJoe wrote:This game is there for the taking.

At this point, advantage Lions.

Kill the clock. Win ugly.
It's always ugly.
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Was that a second screen pass I saw in the same quarter???
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Hopefully mercifully it is just a cramp...get up and walk it off Stanley
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

hey guys... there is a game day thread. come join the party over there :wink:
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Belize City Lion wrote:hey guys... there is a game day thread. come join the party over there :wink:
Oh yeah. LOL

Got lost coming back from the Beer lineup. :wink:
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

zark wrote:This is the kind of crap that makes that other lions forum a joke. Every one just badgers each other and then the despot kicks out any one he doesn't know.Yeck. Lets lock this thread...?
Very strange post.
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

bclions16 wrote: A post like this will get you *****

* Note the asterisks in the line above was put there by a mod.
Not cool.