Game Day Thread - Lions @ Alouettes

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Game Day.

Some keys to the game.

In order to win the Alouettes will need an outstanding effort from ...

Ooops that was years past when the Lions had strong teams.

For now, the Lions will have a chance if some of these things happen:

We feature the running game, with Davis and Robertson. It gets our O Line feeling some confidence.

That same O Line gives Printers time in the pocket, and he finds his receivers in space.

Chapdelaine calls a good game, keeping the Als defence off balance.

We rush the QB well. We cover well. We are good against the run.

Is that asking too much? Who knows?

Buono and Chapdelaine might as well try to be deceptive on offence. They haven't been able summon the necessary brute force to make "undisguised execution" work.
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

I have a gut feeling the Lion's will pull out a V. :cr:
The_Pauser
Legend

I'm all wise and know all. I will enlighten you all with the key to the game...it's very simple.

Drink from my wisdom, as the key to the game today featuring the British Columbia Lions and the Montreal Alouettes is:

Execution

The team that executes better will win.

...that is all.
Roar you Lions roar!
Rammer
Team Captain

Larry Key wrote:I have a gut feeling the Lion's will pull out a V. :cr:
This is a terrible game to go into from the Lions perspective, win and it will be noted that they only beat a 3rd string QB, lose and it will even be worse. Still the football gods are giving the Lions as good an opportunity as they have received all season long, perhaps a necessary opportunity given their current plight, but will a victory give the Lions the necessary ingredients to right the ship?
Entertainment value = an all time low
Rammer
Team Captain

I have a GM/HC position lined up for you. :wink:
Entertainment value = an all time low
The_Pauser
Legend

Rammer wrote:
This is a terrible game to go into from the Lions perspective, win and it will be noted that they only beat a 3rd string QB, lose and it will even be worse. Still the football gods are giving the Lions as good an opportunity as they have received all season long, perhaps a necessary opportunity given their current plight, but will a victory give the Lions the necessary ingredients to right the ship?
A win tonight could help spark the team and get us on a role. This is the positive side of me that has not come out this season. A win tonight could give us some confidence to beat Toronto in our own building next week. After that we have Hamilton, and they've been pretty hit or miss. Calgary comes next, which we'll likely lose (even though I'm being optimistic with this post that doesn't mean I'm smoking crack). But after Calgary there's Winnipeg for a home and home, followed by Edmonton. Theoretically, if we gain some confidence and start executing better playcalling techniques, and our offensive line can stop a pass rush, we could go 6-1 in our next 7 to bring us up to 7-8 on the season.

Pessimistic side:

A loss here means we're down to 1-8, and have a solid Toronto team coming in next week that has played better than anyone has expected. A loss there puts us at 1-9, and we could theoretically be 1-11 going into that home and home with Winnipeg.
Roar you Lions roar!
notahomer
Hall of Famer

I want to be entertained. I think both teams have enough questions on offence that make this a defensive gem of a football game. I enjoy defensive football too! Obviously that Montreal/Rider season-opening game was the most entertaining yet for me this season. Hopefully our dynamic offence will be why our defence gets a lot less Turftime this game. :pray:
sports & stuff----ric
Champion

The_Pauser wrote:
Rammer wrote:
A win tonight could help spark the team and get us on a role. This is the positive side of me that has not come out this season. A win tonight could give us some confidence to beat Toronto in our own building next week. After that we have Hamilton, and they've been pretty hit or miss. Calgary comes next, which we'll likely lose (even though I'm being optimistic with this post that doesn't mean I'm smoking crack). But after Calgary there's Winnipeg for a home and home, followed by Edmonton. Theoretically, if we gain some confidence and start executing better playcalling techniques, and our offensive line can stop a pass rush, we could go 6-1 in our next 7 to bring us up to 7-8 on the season.

Pessimistic side:

A loss here means we're down to 1-8, and have a solid Toronto team coming in next week that has played better than anyone has expected. A loss there puts us at 1-9, and we could theoretically be 1-11 going into that home and home with Winnipeg.
sports & stuff----ric
Champion

streak ive been talking about starts tonight! montreals not the only team thats had to play without there starter.

at least 8 wins coming
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

Meh, if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle too

1-7 teams don't suddenly go 8-0 without change. I'd love to see us win and get hot, but realistically we are looking at 4-14 at best....IMHO
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
bclions16
Champion

West Coast Blue Fan wrote:Meh, if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle too

1-7 teams don't suddenly go 8-0 without change. I'd love to see us win and get hot, but realistically we are looking at 4-14 at best....IMHO
Ya if they went on a hot streak, it would be such a waste of your nice paper bag.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
sports & stuff----ric
Champion

we will see
sports & stuff----ric
Champion

i said 8 wins not 8 in a row which i guess would mean we finish the rest of the season 7-3. :yahoo:
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

The_Pauser wrote:I'm all wise and know all. I will enlighten you all with the key to the game...it's very simple.

Drink from my wisdom, as the key to the game today featuring the British Columbia Lions and the Montreal Alouettes is:

Execution

The team that executes better will win.

...that is all.

LOL !

:beer:
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

I have a gut feeling I'll be flipping over to Arizona v. Toledo by the 3rd Q.