Lions @ Alouettes - Pre-Game Picks, et cetera

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Solar Max
Hall of Famer

bclions16 wrote:
Solar Max wrote:Montreal 26 BC 18.

Oh and dear Angus Reid: Ottawa may have been a pushover for you in 2004 as you have been saying all week on team10hockey, but right now, they could probably take you. In 2013, you won't have a prayer.

:wink:
I thought you gave up that station, and all regular radio when you got satellite radio.
I was told I should listen to the podcast by a friend. Is that ok with you? I mean, am I allowed, dad?
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

I kind of think Chapdelaine would like to open up the play book, but doesn't know how, within the constraints of what he and Wally want to do.

That goes to game planning and play calling.

Because of our tendencies, and our limited running game, and our very familiar pass routes, defences sit on our plays. So the plays don't work well.

DBs are in the passing lanes, tight on our receivers. When we run, the LBs are in the right gaps, with good support from the DBs. The D Line can tee off, penetrate.

Jacques does not seam able to keep the D off balance with his play calling. The predictability allows the D to get more and more aggressive.

We don't use screen plays, or swing passes. We don't have a vigorous, determined running game. So we don't tire out the D Line and the LBs.

The few plays we use that work, bring about adjustments by the D. They close them down. And we have not much left. Throwing into coverage. Running into stacked lines.

It ain't easy keeping a defence off balance, but the OC job requires the skill to make it work.

I think our QBs are not given much, if any, freedom to audibleize either. That would be something Wally doesn't like. He gives up control. Broken plays? Sure. All over the place. QB running for his life, chased by rabid dogs. But audibles? No.

It's possible to execute successfully without being deceptive. But, without superior personnel, it is very, very difficult.

Our offensive mindset seems to be: Slotback run a crossing pattern. Wideout run a post. Sure the D knows it's coming. But, with a great pattern, a great throw, and a great catch, it can't be stopped. Oh yeah, and we have to do this, with the D almost always overloading the LOS for a blitz, and we have 5 O Line blocking, and a small RB (not a fullback) possibly trying to block, but rarely screening or drawing or swinging out.

Not a formula for successful offence.
bclions16
Champion

Solar Max wrote:
bclions16 wrote:
Solar Max wrote:Montreal 26 BC 18.

Oh and dear Angus Reid: Ottawa may have been a pushover for you in 2004 as you have been saying all week on team10hockey, but right now, they could probably take you. In 2013, you won't have a prayer.

:wink:
I thought you gave up that station, and all regular radio when you got satellite radio.
I was told I should listen to the podcast by a friend. Is that ok with you? I mean, am I allowed, dad?
I didn't comment on anything about you being allowed to listen to anything you want to. My post was limited to a simple observation. Now if you want to ask permission, ask your friend; he's the one you're taking orders from seeing that you listened to a week's worth of podcasts from a station you can't stand.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
notahomer
Hall of Famer

I love this weekend for football. I've picked the Lions in a close one but I'm going to enjoy the other games this Rivalry Weekend too.

So, Riders blow out the Bombers
Ti-cats sneak by the Argos
and Stumps over Eskies
sasklionsfan
Rookie

Here is how I hope the weekend goes:
Lions 45 Als 14 - cmon the score was 16-12 last time with calvillo in the game, with leak in the game this should be a #####ng breeze.
Bombers 35 Riders 20 - durant has been on a slow downward spiral for the last month, and the bombers may have buck back, and who wants the riders to win anyways? PS: We will probably beat the bombers twice if the montreal game is a win for us, so :P
Stamps 38 Esks 35 - labour day is always close between these teams even if the esks suck, and edmonton nor bc really have what it takes to beat *sigh*, the best team in the league.
Ticats XX Argos XX - don't care about this game, whoever wins, wins. This has no impact on my teams, and I don't like either team, so it could go either way.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

CatsEyes wrote:
notahomer wrote:Lions win because Paris Jackson guaranteed the win yesterday after practice. Sounds confident so I'll see if he's right. I think our defence plays well so if the Lions win it will be a low-scoring game!
In doing that he effectively guaranteed the opposite. Nothing good ever comes of saying something like that. Ask Fred Perry. ;)
or joe namath
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

WestCoastJoe wrote:I kind of think Chapdelaine would like to open up the play book, but doesn't know how, within the constraints of what he and Wally want to do.

That goes to game planning and play calling.
If past games are any indication (and they usually are), Lions will open with a few new wrinkles. Heaven forbid, they might even run a screen play. They'll move the football but stall when they reach the red zone. Paul McCallum will come in and kick a field goal. Then predictably Chapdelaine will abandon what is working and we'll see the usual boring game plan.
the-real-hugo
Rookie

Final score: Montreal 27 Lions 11
Printers goes down in the second with a sprained finger, or thumb, or whatever he can get away with to get out of the game cause he got sacked 3 times and he doesn't like that...
I wish it would play out differently, but I don't see that happening.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

the-real-hugo wrote:Final score: Montreal 27 Lions 11
Printers goes down in the second with a sprained finger, or thumb, or whatever he can get away with to get out of the game cause he got sacked 3 times and he doesn't like that...
:whs:

and what are you doing up? ;)
Real women wear orange!!
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

Typical game......low scoring affair with the Lions keeping it close up until halftime.......Als make half time adjustments, Chapdelaine can't/won't.......wheels fall off, offense does nothing in the 2nd half, defense runs out of gas and the Als win going away......Buono blames the defense even though they've spent twice as much time on the field as the Als defense......again.

Als win it.....31-13.
Lloyd
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

bclions16 wrote: I didn't comment on anything about you being allowed to listen to anything you want to. My post was limited to a simple observation. Now if you want to ask permission, ask your friend; he's the one you're taking orders from seeing that you listened to a week's worth of podcasts from a station you can't stand.
Actually, you were trying to pick a fight here as you usually do, and that's expected from you.

I listened to about 30 minutes of podcasts, to be precise, but of course, you were monitoring my computer use, weren't you?

You could try to get along and talk football, but...nah, nevermind. Things quiet over at your site, are they?
the-real-hugo wrote:Final score: Montreal 27 Lions 11
I have to agree with this, and with TLK. Robertson will get 50 yards on 7 carries, then the run game will end.
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

Actually, you were trying to pick a fight here as you usually do, and that's expected from you.

Well, no, you were actually. He made a comment because you referred to a radio station that obviously by calling it team10hockey you have an issue with and have discussed those issues here before.

You came back with " is that ok Dad".

A simple answer of " I listened to podcasts" would have avoided this.

But anyway, you're wrong about the Leos. We win tonight. !! :beauty:
Rammer
Team Captain

If the Lions lose tonight, well they finally look into the mirror and consider that perhaps the schemes are an issue. I mean if ever there was an opportunity to pipe and suggest a W this game has to be that game. However if you look at past performances against a rookie starter by Lions clubs, it may be a different story....Ricky Ray got his first start against the Lions and looked all world, heck even Micheal Bishop schooled the Lions in his first start looking like a real Heisman candidate.

BTW, I select the Lions to win tonight....

Lions 37

Alouettes 22
Entertainment value = an all time low
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:If the Lions lose tonight
If the Lions lose tonight I think we should get really drunk and get to that "I love you man!" stage as fast as possible. :roar: