Very interesting day developing

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

As per Jamie Cartmell on Twitter:
very, very interesting day developing here... stay tuned.
http://twitter.com/SweetJimmyC
Real women wear orange!!
hutch
Champion

Who's that guy?
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

hutch wrote:Who's that guy?
Jamie Cartmell, Lions' director of communications.

TEAM1040 #BCLions are working on a "developing" story. An announcement could be today or tomorrow on that "developing" story...
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

A good news story would be ...

The Lions sign Shawn Gore, and promise him playing time at receiver.

A better news story would be ... Nah, just a dream.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Better be good! :)
Real women wear orange!!
The_Pauser
Legend

My sources tell me that we're bringing back Gary Buono...err Butler to be a new rush end. We're also going over the SMS by signing that $6M pro-bowl left tackle that Wally Buono mentioned he coveted so much this past off-season. And we're also re-upping Jacques Chapdelaine on a 5-year extension that will see him transition into HC and OC within the next 2-3 years.

In other news, a parade of what seems to be football fans wearing orange and black was spotted heading towards, and jumping off of, the Lions Gate Bridge. More on that at 11.
Roar you Lions roar!
The_Pauser
Legend

JohnHenry wrote:Perhaps trading an under-performing receiver for a competent O-Lineman...?
Nah, with the way things have been run over the past 2 years I'd say it's more likely that we're trading an offensive lineman for an under performing receiver.
Roar you Lions roar!
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

JohnHenry wrote:Perhaps trading an under-performing receiver for a competent O-Lineman...?
Could very well be-anything's possible these days!
Real women wear orange!!
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

Printers shutting it down for the year? Another QB on the way?
The_Pauser
Legend

Lion Guy wrote:Printers shutting it down for the year? Another QB on the way?
That would be horrible...
Roar you Lions roar!
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

The_Pauser wrote:
LOL!! More horrible than what exactly?
The_Pauser
Legend

Lion Guy wrote:
The_Pauser wrote:
I have no idea why you're blaming Printers for the teams lack of success. Incase you didn't notice, Lulay and Jackson were actually WORSE.

Unless there's a QB out there who will also be his own offensive line, no one else is going to have any success. At least Printers looked very dangerous last year, and makes oppsing defenses work harder in their pre-planning for our team than any of our other guys.

Give it a rest. Your blind hate of Printers is illogical.
Roar you Lions roar!
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

The_Pauser wrote:
Lion Guy wrote:
I have no idea why you're blaming Printers for the teams lack of success. Incase you didn't notice, Lulay and Jackson were actually WORSE.

Unless there's a QB out there who will also be his own offensive line, no one else is going to have any success. At least Printers looked very dangerous last year, and makes oppsing defenses work harder in their pre-planning for our team than any of our other guys.

Give it a rest. Your blind hate of Printers is illogical.
I have to say, Pauser: "Give it a rest. Your blind hate of Jarious is illogical." Oooops, you were both talking about Printers. Just kidding, Man. :beer:

I shouldn't have gotten into this issue. :wink: But chaos reigns all around. In Lion Country, The Sky is Falling. Ha ha
joe kapp22
Legend

Well, the Esks shook things up and beat the Riders, we stayed pat and lost and gave up 45 points, sooner or later Buono will have to start playing younger players in preperation for next season, whether or not he is here, or Chaps is here or whomever as this squad heading into 2011 is likely to produce the same results.
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.