Game Day Thread - Lions at Riders, August 12, 2010

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

ed_lunsford wrote:
KILLER wrote:all but over.

Why? Down by 15 points, two TD's with 30 minutes left to play>?
It's over. The Riders will make adjustments at he half while the Lions won't or can't.
Centrum22
Starter

It was good to see that we abandoned the running game, since it was working.
joe kapp22
Legend

hutch wrote:Have to agree with LFITQ....any touching of the facemask is a major. Sure it happens and doesn't get caught but a penalty is a penalty. One of many more the Lions will get tonight.
We'll have to agree to disagree, Anthony Reddick..that was a legit major, Hendreson..that is just football..imvho.
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

UGGHHH! At least there have been some positives but the mistakes overshadow. I think BYE week is going to live up to its name. Armstrong was not our worst reciever, IMO. Oh well, theres still another half.
joe kapp22
Legend

TheLionKing wrote:
ed_lunsford wrote:
KILLER wrote:all but over.

Why? Down by 15 points, two TD's with 30 minutes left to play>?
It's over. The Riders will make adjustments at he half while the Lions won't or can't.
We'll see, the Riders have the ball at the start of the second half, if we hold them, and score a TD on our posession..we can win.

Otherwise the little dutch boy at the dike has run out of fingers and toes and elbows..
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
LFITQ
Team Captain

Centrum22 wrote:It was good to see that we abandoned the running game, since it was working.
Well the linemen did make a statement that they didn't want the ball in Robertson's hands when Valli took that screen pass away from him. :bang:
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
hutch
Champion

ed_lunsford wrote:
hutch wrote:Have to agree with LFITQ....any touching of the facemask is a major. Sure it happens and doesn't get caught but a penalty is a penalty. One of many more the Lions will get tonight.
We'll have to agree to disagree, Anthony Reddick..that was a legit major, Hendreson..that is just football..imvho.
I know what you are saying and yeah it wasn't bad in any means but its a penalty. Really though, that play will make no difference in this game :thup:
SammyGreene
Team Captain

LFITQ wrote:
Centrum22 wrote:It was good to see that we abandoned the running game, since it was working.
Well the linemen did make a statement that they didn't want the ball in Robertson's hands when Valli took that screen pass away from him. :bang:
That was frickin unreal. What the hell was Valli thinking?
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

JohnHenry wrote:Nice to see Davis rip off that 25-yard rush...Chaps should tie a string on his finger to remember to call it again. :wink:
The only string I like to see on Chap is around his neck
joe kapp22
Legend

Of all of the things that have disappointed me this yr, I have to admit, Manny A's hands of butter is the largest.

What is this guy doing? Seriously?
LFITQ
Team Captain

SammyGreene wrote:
LFITQ wrote:
He wasn't. The same problem too many other Lions players are having tonight.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
bclions16
Champion

SammyGreene wrote:
LFITQ wrote:
Just following the Chap's orders I must assume.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
joe kapp22
Legend

"D" held...nice.
joe kapp22
Legend

Leos ball at the Riders 50 yd line...step up or step out...we need a TD..not a FG..a TD.