Game Day Thread - Lions at Riders, August 12, 2010

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

LFITQ
Team Captain

ed_lunsford wrote:
LFITQ wrote:If you want to get the player standing up that is blocking you, get in under their shoulder pads in the chest area and drive it up into their throat. It is MUCH more effective than facemasking and, here's a new wrinkle for the Lions, LEGAL.
Nonsense, they called a major even though Joe H did not push nor pull on his facemask.
Umm Facemasking is ONLY a major foul. 15 yrds. If you mess with the facemask it is a penalty of 15 - no other option. Ref made the right call.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

Just kneel on it JJ.....I have beer waiting
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
KILLER
Legend

all but over.
DEATH AWAITS YOU ALL WITH NASTY BIG POINTY TEETH!
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

Meh....stat packing thats all, 3 9 yard passes
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
joe kapp22
Legend

LFITQ wrote:
ed_lunsford wrote:
LFITQ wrote:If you want to get the player standing up that is blocking you, get in under their shoulder pads in the chest area and drive it up into their throat. It is MUCH more effective than facemasking and, here's a new wrinkle for the Lions, LEGAL.
Nonsense, they called a major even though Joe H did not push nor pull on his facemask.
Umm Facemasking is ONLY a major foul. 15 yrds. If you mess with the facemask it is a penalty of 15 - no other option. Ref made the right call.
Eh, if you say so, they called Henderson for the major because his hands floated upwards.

If you'd like, we can watch the replay of the game and see how many times that happens during line play?

We both know how that will turn out..don't we?
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
Centrum22
Starter

These are very dark times we are entering folks, very dark times.
Last edited by Centrum22 on Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joe kapp22
Legend

KILLER wrote:all but over.

Why? Down by 15 points, two TD's with 30 minutes left to play>?
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
hutch
Champion

Have to agree with LFITQ....any touching of the facemask is a major. Sure it happens and doesn't get caught but a penalty is a penalty. One of many more the Lions will get tonight.
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

We should be winning, instead of whining.

A gift interception puts them on the goal line...easy 7
Bonehead plays and around 10 penalties....lets say 7 more.

Ah, who am I kidding, lol, its over
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Another brilliant game plan by our illustrious so called Offensive Coordinator. 6 points in the first half :bang: Now the dreaded half time where the Riders are going to make adjustments to our anemic offence.
prj
Starter

Dean Valli ... hands team. :dizzy:
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Wow how painful was that last possession of the half to watch? God forbid they would attempt a pass beyond 15 yards.

Congrats Chaps ... even J-Jack has become ultra-conservative.
Centrum22
Starter

ed_lunsford wrote:
KILLER wrote:all but over.

Why? Down by 15 points, two TD's with 30 minutes left to play>?
Have you seen anything on the field that suggests we can even keep pace, let alone make up the deficit?
Last edited by Centrum22 on Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

Man, feels like I just watched a full 60 minutes of football. :hypno:

We are self destructing badly. Don't know what Sask's D is doing but there isn't an open receiver to throw to. Another 30 minutes to look forward to? :tease:
LFITQ
Team Captain

West Coast Blue Fan wrote:We should be winning, instead of whining.

A gift interception puts them on the goal line...easy 7
Bonehead plays and around 10 penalties....lets say 7 more.

Ah, who am I kidding, lol, its over
LOL ...

You really hate the Riders to try and look at positives in this game. :good:
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??