Game Day Thread - Lions at Eskimos

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Love what I see Derek
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
joe kapp22
Legend

FG..
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Too early to tell of course but it looks like we have a defense again
The_Pauser
Legend

Solid opening half of the season. I like what I see from our defense, in particular our defensive line. Good penetration and good pressure. Our secondary isn't getting picked apart by Ray either and we've held him relatively in check all game.

Still concerns on our offensive line though. While it's not nearly as pathetic as last season, we still need to give Casey a little more time as he's been running for his life way too many times for my liking. Armstrong looks like a great pickup, and Robertson looks great out there. We need to utilize the running game a little bit more, especially since Casey and some of our receivers are slipping out there.

Jordan has looked good on special teams too, a complete 180 from pre-season. But our coverage hasn't looked all that good and is definitely an area for improvement.

All in all though, a solid half. I like what I've seen from this team so far.
Roar you Lions roar!
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Nice job of pass defence/pressure.

Held Ricky Ray to 85 yards.

Nice to have Rich Stubler on board.

Lions' shows promise. Some rough spots. 109 passing. 109 rushing.

Wally was very high on Pittman. Rush end is not a high learning curve position. Mostly instinct and athletic ability. He needs to show a lot more.

Nice job by Climie showing Banks on the blitz. Stubler specialty.
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Banks looking like he has shed some poundage with his quickness or new intensity in the 1st half
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

When Mallet gets cut, he'll have to look for work elswhere as there's no job here anymore! :beauty:

Also Derek Armstrong looks like a great pickup.. man does our receivers look good.

Very happy with the half.
KILLER
Legend

Is Paul any good or what?? LOL he's the man, man!
DEATH AWAITS YOU ALL WITH NASTY BIG POINTY TEETH!
Bobbyp
Champion

JohnHenry wrote:Gotta like the Lions intensity on both offence and defence. They seem like the hungrier team today. The O-line has played as well as could be expected...the defence has some swagger back.
Yup
Some mispelling may or may not occur as well as using a word incorrectly in my posts
READER CAUTION IS STRICTLY ADVISED
joe kapp22
Legend

Keep the long plays to a minimum D...
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Printers needing more protection from his line to slow down the developing motion in his head
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Hello, RR.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Edmonton is starting the 2nd half the same way they started the game. The defence need to step up
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Good blitz.

Well timed.

Saved a TD.