Free Agency

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

#1 Lions Fan in SK
Starter

Okay, it's only two weeks away and we've heard virtually nothing. I'm starting to get anxious especially about Ricky Foley. Any news anywhere? :beer:
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

nope
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

That would suggest that Foley will test free agency and possibly sign with the highest bidder. That could be the Lions or just about any team at this point.

He's a starting NI and will have loads of interest around the CFL.
Rammer
Team Captain

Blue In BC wrote:That would suggest that Foley will test free agency and possibly sign with the highest bidder. That could be the Lions or just about any team at this point.

He's a starting NI and will have loads of interest around the CFL.
He was reported earlier as to be testing FA, that doesn't mean he won't re-sign, but he will find out his market value.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Tighthead
Legend

Foley isn't going to do Wally any favours, and I don't blame him.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

JohnHenry wrote:Last I heard Foley was down in Miami visiting with Cam and hoping for an NFL tryout? :good:
Goddam Miami. Wake, Lumbala, RGM, Tsoumpas. Go away now Miami. Tired of your poaching. Do your own recruitment and development, or pay for the privilege.

:roar: or :wink: Whichever.
David
Team Captain

JohnHenry wrote:Last I heard Foley was down in Miami visiting with Cam and hoping for an NFL tryout? :good:
A Foley workout in Miami gets a thumbs up?!? Anyway, I posted this a couple of weeks ago, but it seems to have been missed:

"...In an interview with The Sun, however, Foley seemed more committed to remaining in the CFL -- and, in particular, staying as a Lion "than tilting at windmills in the NFL.

"It's one thing to work out for an NFL team," Foley says. "It's another thing to get signed. I've put in four years of hard work. I'm Canadian player of the year. I don't want to throw it away for a chance down there, where I'm a nobody."

Contrary to an earlier report which pegged his chances of remaining a Lion at just "50-50," Foley said he wants to resign with B.C. "all things being equal.

"If the NFL doesn't work out and -- more appropriately -- make sense, it would be the best-case scenario to go back to B.C., as long as they're fair and willing," he added. "I hope to be back there."
"

SOURCE: Vancouver Sun 1/12/10

DH
Roar, You Lions, Roar
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Nice shot at Buono regarding Gary Butler :thup:
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

Those comments were made long ago. I wouldn't be too concerned about that EXCEPT for the truth about it when concerned Buono and his bias's.
ziggy
Legend

TheLionKing wrote:Nice shot at Buono regarding Gary Butler :thup:
Hmm sounds like Area 51?
Rick James
Legend

I wonder if the white leotard will test the FA waters?
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

Remind me, who is that?