Tillman appears to done with Sask.

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl/20 ... lman_time/

Not completely substantiated but it sounds like he is done
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
squishy35
Legend

Sir Purrcival wrote:http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl/20 ... lman_time/

Helloooooooo Winnipeg......?

Despite his guilty plea... I don't think his career is entirely finished in the CFL.......
Rammer
Team Captain

Guess we will find out just how well liked Tillman was in Saskatchewan, as they may or may not pay out his contract. I am guessing they choose to pay out a significant amount of his contract to help him out for the short term.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

I guess it will depend of the conditions of his departure. I suspect that even if he "resigns", there will be some form of financial terms for his contract. He might not go quietly otherwise and I'm not sure the BOG has sufficient grounds for a dismissal with cause.

Of course the next big question will be the "Who will be the next GM?" and will he be able to live within the SMS?

Tillman will probably end up somewhere but perhaps not as the official GM (at least not this year). I think some time will be required for this fuss to die down and other teams might be reluctant to have the man with current scandal attached as the face of their franchises also. A more behind the scenes position might be a possibility however.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Sir Purrcival wrote:Tillman will probably end up somewhere but perhaps not as the official GM (at least not this year). I think some time will be required for this fuss to die down and other teams might be reluctant to have the man with current scandal attached as the face of their franchises also. A more behind the scenes position might be a possibility however.
Yeah, he could do the rarely seen (behind the scenes) Bob O'Billovich (Stampeders, Lions), Roy Shivers (Stampeders, Lions), Paul Jones (Eskimos) scout/recruiter job for a CFL team. Guys in those positions rarely see the light the day, it seems.

But any team interested in hiring him better do it quietly, and perhaps unofficially, until he he gets himself under control on "Sex Rehab with Dr. Drew."
Rammer
Team Captain

WestCoastJoe wrote:
Sir Purrcival wrote:Tillman will probably end up somewhere but perhaps not as the official GM (at least not this year). I think some time will be required for this fuss to die down and other teams might be reluctant to have the man with current scandal attached as the face of their franchises also. A more behind the scenes position might be a possibility however.
Yeah, he could do the rarely seen (behind the scenes) Bob O'Billovich (Stampeders, Lions), Roy Shivers (Stampeders, Lions), Paul Jones (Eskimos) scout/recruiter job for a CFL team. Guys in those positions rarely see the light the day, it seems.

But any team interested in hiring him better do it quietly, and perhaps unofficially, until he he gets himself under control on "Sex Rehab with Dr. Drew."
I am going to toss out the Sex Rehab concept, me thinks that Mrs Tillman will have that under control.
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

squishy35 wrote:

Despite his guilty plea... I don't think his career is entirely finished in the CFL.......
We already got rid of one guy with an assault charge and an anger management problem. The last thing the Bombers need is sexual predator / pedaphile.

No thanks.
Rammer
Team Captain

Blue In BC wrote:
squishy35 wrote:

We already got rid of one guy with an assault charge and an anger management problem. The last thing the Bombers need is sexual predator / pedaphile.

No thanks.
Tillman burnt that bridge with the convenient tearful TV post ruling tell all about the Bomber fans calling Mrs. Tillman, Mrs Rapist. It was only slightly better played than the Chick being a diabetic speech, IMO.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote: Tillman burnt that bridge with the convenient tearful TV post ruling tell all about the Bomber fans calling Mrs. Tillman, Mrs Rapist. It was only slightly better played than the Chick being a diabetic speech, IMO.
Southern U.S. Born-Again religious guilt and tears. Reminds me of Jimmy Swaggart: "I have sinned. I had sex will all those prostitutes." :bawl:
:pray: :violin:

Yeah he sure did burn that bridge to Bomber Ville. I guess he wanted to make sure his few remaining, supporting Riders fans understood that he wasn't calling one of them out. But he did want to get that reference in about his wife being insulted. :bawl:

Cal Murphy must be shaking his head, thinking he had ET pegged all along.
David
Team Captain

If you see it in the context in which it was brought up, I don't think you can say it was a 'play' or 'Jimmy Swaggart-like' or 'crocodile tears' etc. If you watch the TSN.ca link entitled "Profoundly Sorry," he stood there for nearly 10 minutes and answered some very uncomfortable questions thoughtfully and truthfully. The reporter asked him toward the end, "how did you explain this to your children?" and that's when he shared how his wife has been impacted. I don't know many men who could stand there and not choke up when loved ones have been hurt like that.

DH
Roar, You Lions, Roar
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

David wrote:If you see it in the context in which it was brought up, I don't think you can say it was a 'play' or 'Jimmy Swaggart-like' or 'crocodile tears' etc. If you watch the TSN.ca link entitled "Profoundly Sorry," he stood there for nearly 10 minutes and answered some very uncomfortable questions thoughtfully and truthfully. The reporter asked him toward the end, "how did you explain this to your children?" and that's when he shared how his wife has been impacted. I don't know many men who could stand there and not choke up when loved ones have been hurt like that.

DH
Tillman's actions have brought pain to many people: the girl, her family, his family.

Of course, it is very difficult for his wife, and those comments towards her are unfair and cruel. His wife is very much a victim from this.

Nevertheless it seems self-serving when he tells that story to the press about his wife and the Bomber fan. The way he tries to invoke sympathy in his dealings with the press also reminds me somewhat of Richard Nixon's maudlin style in the Checkers incident: the wife suffers for the actions of her husband.

Comparing his tears to those of Jimmy Swaggart is harsh (and now Richard Nixon, which is not quite as bad). I feel guilty. But I do have some cynicism towards Tillman when he speaks to the media.
Tighthead
Legend

Tillman is pretty media -aware. He didn't need to tell that story, which only, in my opinion, further humiliates his wife while attempting to make him seem sympathetic.

If something hurtful and embarassing happens to Mrs. Tighthead or the little Tightheads, I shut my mouth about it.
Rammer
Team Captain

David wrote:If you see it in the context in which it was brought up, I don't think you can say it was a 'play' or 'Jimmy Swaggart-like' or 'crocodile tears' etc. If you watch the TSN.ca link entitled "Profoundly Sorry," he stood there for nearly 10 minutes and answered some very uncomfortable questions thoughtfully and truthfully. The reporter asked him toward the end, "how did you explain this to your children?" and that's when he shared how his wife has been impacted. I don't know many men who could stand there and not choke up when loved ones have been hurt like that.

DH
Do you recall the sympathetic play that Tillman did on behalf of Chick? Certainly this whole scenario was a tad closer to him, but given his dramatic productions of the past, there is little doubt in my mind that this was a play with a little truth behind it.
Bobbyp
Champion

Tighthead wrote:Tillman is pretty media -aware. He didn't need to tell that story, which only, in my opinion, further humiliates his wife while attempting to make him seem sympathetic.

If something hurtful and embarassing happens to Mrs. Tighthead or the little Tightheads, I shut my mouth about it.
Totally agree that was an embarrasement to watch and completely uncalled for and unecssesary
Some mispelling may or may not occur as well as using a word incorrectly in my posts
READER CAUTION IS STRICTLY ADVISED
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Bobbyp wrote:
Tighthead wrote:Tillman is pretty media -aware. He didn't need to tell that story, which only, in my opinion, further humiliates his wife while attempting to make him seem sympathetic.

Totally agree that was an embarrasement to watch and completely uncalled for and unecssesary
thats all very easy to say, but you havent stood in tillmans shoes as far as having a bunch of mics and camaras in your face when you in a very emotional fragil state. Who knows what you would do in similar situation, regardless of guilt or innocence of original charge.

Damn, why do I keep defending that little pissant :dizzy:
Every day that passes is one you can't get back