Lions at Alouettes, Game Day Thread, November 22, 2009

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Leo_on_Rideau wrote:
Belize City Lion wrote: Baltimore was built from the ground up, an expansion team no less, and even with relocating to Montreal and being "forced" to add Canadians to their roster they've been the most successful CFL franchise over the past 15 years. It's quite remarkable that they have never really had a "rebuilding" year in their franchise history.
And I'm saying that wouldn't be the case if they had relocated Memphis or Shreveport (or been a pure expansion team in Montreal with no fan support), rather than Baltimore.

Kind of like how the Phoenix Coyotes haven't been the Colorado Avalanche. Sports teams evolve organically, and beginnings make a huuuuuuuge difference.
I must be missing something here... you say that Montreal doesn't deserve credit for their continuous success, are you talking about the city or the franchise? If Montreal had been awarded a CFL expansion team in 1996 maybe they would not have enjoyed the same level of success for 14 years that this Baltimore/Montreal team has enjoyed. But that doesn't change the fact that the team you see on the field today IS the same franchise that played in Baltimore all those years ago. So I don't see how you can discount the success of the Als just because the franchise was born in Baltimore. Baltimore moved to Montreal, Montreal did not "buy" an already established team and call it a brand new organization.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Quote of the year by Black: Montreal showed class by not running up the score. Yeah, how about the challenge by Trestman ? Explain that Rod ? Idiot
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

sj-roc wrote:
Lion_Pride_26 wrote:
The_Pauser wrote:I hope we send someone out to injure Calvillo after that *poop* challenge. They're up by 31...what's with that challenge.

Go Riders or Stamps!
As classless as that challenge was, it would be just as classless to wish injury upon their best player.
:whs: We've run the Rider fans down here for that sort of crap. And the Hamilton fans just last week who were cheering our injuries.
He's probably wish the same on Jarious just to get rid of him
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
ziggy
Legend

The_Pauser wrote:I hope we send someone out to injure Calvillo after that *poop* challenge. They're up by 31...what's with that challenge.

Go Riders or Stamps!
------------------------------
That is a disgusting thing to say. I hope its just frustration!!!
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

congrats Als, you kicked our asses royally today.
The_Pauser
Legend

sj-roc wrote:
Lion_Pride_26 wrote:

Go Riders or Stamps!
As classless as that challenge was, it would be just as classless to wish injury upon their best player.
:whs: We've run the Rider fans down here for that sort of crap. And the Hamilton fans just last week who were cheering our injuries.
Yeah, my bad guys. My bad.
Roar you Lions roar!
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

hey we finally got a roughing the passer call!!
Lion_Pride_26
Legend

Ok Mr. Stadium DJ, we get it. Montreal feels good. No need to play the song 3 times in a row, lol.
Rammer
Team Captain

Okay, on the last TD that the Als got via the INT, Lulay was facemasked on the play, not sure if that was enough for us pulling this game out for a W, but darn it anyways, make a call in the Lions favour.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Bobbyp
Champion

it could be worse we could all live in saskatchewan.
Some mispelling may or may not occur as well as using a word incorrectly in my posts
READER CAUTION IS STRICTLY ADVISED
The_Pauser
Legend

Bobbyp wrote:it could be worse we could all live in saskatchewan.
At least they have a defense.
Roar you Lions roar!
nelson95
Legend

great another grey cup where I have to vote for the Als(just like 2003,2005 and 2008). They lost all of em.

Seriously $500 gets my ticket
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
Lion_Pride_26
Legend

Bobbyp wrote:it could be worse we could all live in saskatchewan.
Agreed. It's nice to actually have mountains and hills and such. :tease:

Let's hope the Canucks win tonight, that might cheer me up.
The_Pauser
Legend

nelson95 wrote:great another grey cup where I have to vote for the Als(just like 2003,2005 and 2008). They lost all of em.

Seriously $500 gets my ticket
No way, not after how dirty and classless they were. I'm going for Calgary or Saskatchewan.
Roar you Lions roar!
#1 Lions Fan in SK
Starter

Gerry wrote:Decided to take a quick peek at the GDT at the half....

Some of you guys need to grow up...seriously.

We're in this game with a patch work O-line. Our running game is non-existent and we're in no position to establish it now. We're pinning all of our hopes on a talented QB who hasn't played with his team for even a half-dozen games or gone through a camp. There appear to be even more injuries as the game wears on.

Be that all as it may, can we as fans not show a little bit of class towards the team and each other?

With this display in the GDT, we fans do not deserve a winner.

Now, back to the PVR...
I'm with you Gerry. I couldn't believe this. The bandwagoness. Yes, this was a poorly played game. It seems like if the Lion's aren't the #1 team, people are mad. We can't be tops all the time. Let's stand behind each other and, more importantly, our team. Stand up and lose like the men and women we are. Let's show the other teams what proud and classy fans we can be.