The official campaign to fire Chapdelaine and Benevides...

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Lion_Pride_26
Legend

All of those in favour of firing Jacques Chapdelaine and Mike Benevides, say "I"! :violin:

The only positives you can take from this game are on Special Teams (hint hint).
cromartie
Hall of Famer

You're just kicking off this campaign now? Really? Well, better late than never, I suppose.
Lion_Pride_26
Legend

cromartie wrote:You're just kicking off this campaign now? Really? Well, better late than never, I suppose.
If it wasn't this obvious for Wally before today, it will be after this game.
The_Pauser
Legend

Wally better wake up and realize how lousy our plays are on both sides of the ball. It's not necessarily the players, but the play calling is terrible. We've been embarassed 4 times this season, 3 times in our own building. That's unacceptable.
Roar you Lions roar!
Rammer
Team Captain

Our plays are lousy due to the conservative nature of Wally and having his guys underneath him, not an outsider that can offer a different approach. That said, the Lions aren't as good as the Als, not even close and this game displayed the difference between the two clubs after a season of play.
Entertainment value = an all time low
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Lion_Pride_26 wrote:
cromartie wrote:You're just kicking off this campaign now? Really? Well, better late than never, I suppose.
If it wasn't this obvious for Wally before today, it will be after this game.
Don't count on it Lion_Pride_26.

Waley's a sucker for punishment.
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
lion24
Legend

Don't tell me it is not he players fault...........I have watched a lazy and soft defence all season and a few players that tend to quit when things go bad. As far as I am concerned Hunt can take his act elsewhere along with the other clowns that follow him.

There is a good base to start over with Printers, Mallett, Foley and a few others but I wouldn't be sad to see a major overhaul on defence along with Benevides and Chapdelaine. I know this is after the heat of a loss but this crap has been driving me crazy all season
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
Gerry
Legend

The Lions were 8 and 10 in a rebuilding year. On top of that the team has had injuries to key people at inopportune times.

Having CP back gave a lot of people hope for the magic of 04, and those hopes were dashed today when a 15-3 team played at the top of their game against an 8-10 team that did not after travelling almost the length of the country twice in a week.

Yes, we are disappointed as fans. But perhaps we should refrain from posting for a day or so to avoid saying stupid things.
Enough is enough.
ziggy
Legend

It isn't just the coaches that need to go. We can't tackle, our receivers couldn't get free and we couldn't pressure Cavillo or protect Printers. Some of this is coaching, play calling, but some also comes down to a lack of skill in our players. I don't think it does any good to focus too much only one facet, at the expense of ignoring the other problems. If we just make coaching changes and are content at that, I don't think we will improve much next year. I'm aware of two old saying, "You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear" and a "poor workman never has good tools" two different takes on the same problem. I think its better to look at the overall issue rather than get pigeon holed into one camp or the other.
lion24
Legend

I have been saying all year these db's cannot tackle so it wouldn't matter when I posted. The team has some good players but the Defence, O -line and attitude of some players need to be changed or eliminated.
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
The_Pauser
Legend

Gerry wrote:The Lions were 8 and 10 in a rebuilding year. On top of that the team has had injuries to key people at inopportune times.

Having CP back gave a lot of people hope for the magic of 04, and those hopes were dashed today when a 15-3 team played at the top of their game against an 8-10 team that did not after travelling almost the length of the country twice in a week.

Yes, we are disappointed as fans. But perhaps we should refrain from posting for a day or so to avoid saying stupid things.
Well I don't think it's stupid to be calling for the OC and DC's heads...they both should be fired.

At least having Casey now means from day 1 next year we have hope...but our defense and offensive lines need some serious overhauling.
Roar you Lions roar!
Lion_Pride_26
Legend

Gerry wrote:The Lions were 8 and 10 in a rebuilding year. On top of that the team has had injuries to key people at inopportune times.

No offense, but even after a day or 2, we'll still want them to be fired.
zark
Champion

A 4th place team lost against a 1st place team. You're surprised?
Right on Gerry. :whs:
"'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Groucho Marx
Gerry
Legend

The_Pauser wrote:

Well I don't think it's stupid to be calling for the OC and DC's heads...they both should be fired.

At least having Casey now means from day 1 next year we have hope...but our defense and offensive lines need some serious overhauling.
Don't pin all your hopes on CP. He did not have a good day today either.
Enough is enough.