Argos to play a western team in Moncton

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

zark
Champion

With all the news coming out of the Mistake By The Lake, I wonder if Braley and his Lions are that western team.
http://www.cfl.ca/article/our-league-is ... tic-canada
“In our view, Moncton is hosting a mini-Grey Cup, a celebration not only of Canadian football, but of our pride in being Canadians. And we’re going to show the country what an Atlantic Canadian welcome is all about.”
That would be a 6 hr flight and a 4 hr time difference would it not? Yikes!
"'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Groucho Marx
bclions16
Champion

zark wrote:With all the news coming out of the Mistake By The Lake, I wonder if Braley and his Lions are that western team.
http://www.cfl.ca/article/our-league-is ... tic-canada
“In our view, Moncton is hosting a mini-Grey Cup, a celebration not only of Canadian football, but of our pride in being Canadians. And we’re going to show the country what an Atlantic Canadian welcome is all about.”
That would be a 6 hr flight and a 4 hr time difference would it not? Yikes!
Well, this might be a regular trip if there is ever a team in the Atlantic. For this game, an eastern opponent make more sense. Montreal would be good considering the Francophone population of New Brunswick.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Rick James
Legend

If the Lions are going to be displaced next summer due to BC Place construction, wouldn't it make sense to have a Lions home game at a neutral site instead of T.O.?
Vern Halen
Champion

Cohon said on our local sports show that he doubts it would be the Riders as they have a great gate for the Argos when Sask comes to town and he's not sure if the Argos want to give up the $$$.

Edmonton, perhaps?
Big Time
Champion

I would think that it would likely be the Argos worst gate opponent. In that case, it very well could be BC. Edmonton also seems like a possibility.
ziggy
Legend

Play the Riders and boost watermellon sales! :good:
nelson95
Legend

I'm going no matter who is playing
Give the ball to LeeRoy!