Jamie Boreham out

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

LFITQ
Team Captain

Just got a tweet that says CKRM is reporting Jamie Boreham of the Riders is out for the year with a neck injury...

That could prove to be problematic for the Riders for the rest of the season...
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Would the Riders welcome Paul McCallum back, say in a trade for Jason Clermont? Would the Lions risk trading him to a West rival, with a big game coming up in Regina in two weeks. Just asking.
David
Team Captain

Looking at the awkward way in which Weston Dressler landed on his ankle in the 4th quarter and the amount of pain he was in hobbling to the sidelines, he might be out for awhile too. Don't know for sure; just speculating.

DH
Roar, You Lions, Roar
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

David wrote:Looking at the awkward way in which Weston Dressler landed on his ankle in the 4th quarter and the amount of pain he was in hobbling to the sidelines, he might be out for awhile too. Don't know for sure; just speculating.

DH
The postgame diagnosis, according to Ken Miller, is a bad sprain.
nelson95
Legend

That was a medial sprain for sure. I am well aware of this type of injury as I am 7 weeks post and still not back on the rugby pitch. That part of the ankle is less flexble than the lateral ligaments. Of course I am at least 15 yrs older than Dressler and not privy to protein-rich platelet infusions and daily physio but I would be surprised to see Dressler vs the Leos in 2 weeks
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

B.C.FAN wrote:Would the Riders welcome Paul McCallum back, say in a trade for Jason Clermont? Would the Lions risk trading him to a West rival, with a big game coming up in Regina in two weeks. Just asking.
If Dressler's out, the Riders are probably going to be needing Clermont.

McCallum maybe. Do not even think of trading Sean Whyte to them. We'd be regretting it for a decade.
Tighthead
Legend

nelson95 wrote:That was a medial sprain for sure. I am well aware of this type of injury as I am 7 weeks post and still not back on the rugby pitch. That part of the ankle is less flexble than the lateral ligaments. Of course I am at least 15 yrs older than Dressler and not privy to protein-rich platelet infusions and daily physio but I would be surprised to see Dressler vs the Leos in 2 weeks
What position do you play?
nelson95
Legend

[quote="Tighthead"][quote="nelson95"]That was a medial sprain for sure. I am well aware of this type of injury as I am 7 weeks post and still not back on the rugby pitch. That part of the ankle is less flexble than the lateral ligaments. Of course I am at least 15 yrs older than Dressler and not privy to protein-rich platelet infusions and daily physio but I would be surprised to see Dressler vs the Leos in 2 weeks[/quote]

What position do you play?[/quote]

Lock. Got hurt in sevens of all the pathetic things
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
Spud387
Champion

I have sprained my ankles 3 times this summer (two Grade 1+s and one grade 2). As soon as I saw Dressler I knew that was a sprain and I see him missing at least 1 week, good chance that it'll be 2 weeks.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Spud387 wrote:I have sprained my ankles 3 times this summer (two Grade 1+s and one grade 2). As soon as I saw Dressler I knew that was a sprain and I see him missing at least 1 week, good chance that it'll be 2 weeks.
According to Dressler's father, he broke his right fibula and sprained the ankle. He'll be in a boot for three weeks and still needs an MRI to determine any ligament damage in the ankle.
Dressler breaks leg, might return this year
Rammer
Team Captain

B.C.FAN wrote:
Spud387 wrote:I have sprained my ankles 3 times this summer (two Grade 1+s and one grade 2). As soon as I saw Dressler I knew that was a sprain and I see him missing at least 1 week, good chance that it'll be 2 weeks.
According to Dressler's father, he broke his right fibula and sprained the ankle. He'll be in a boot for three weeks and still needs an MRI to determine any ligament damage in the ankle.
Combine that with the Boreham injury and Congi's less than stellar punting debut for 09 and the Riders have a difficult task in finding replacements for those two key positions.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Spud387
Champion

B.C.FAN wrote:
Well a broken fibula definitely changes what I thought. To me it didn't look like he broke it though, I didn't see much twisting action in the leg (although i only watch 1 replay). My grade 2 sprain had A LOT of twisting action to it because I was in butterfly position in inline hockey, that's why I had an xray done.
nelson95
Legend

you most likely keep spraining the lateral ligaments(the outside). Dressler sprained the medial and most likely has a chip fracture where the ligament(s) tore off the bone. I'd say he is done cause there is no hope in hell that the Ruffies are going to GC.
Give the ball to LeeRoy!