tainted win

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

lj909
prospect

:beauty:
funny thing being, I dislike the roughriders about as much as I do the lions - I just wanted to see the reaction of all yous guys when I posted something on here that was even remotely anti-lion. pretty much what I expected, y'all drinking the kool-aid.

cheers
D
Team Captain

lj909 wrote::beauty:
funny thing being, I dislike the roughriders about as much as I do the lions - I just wanted to see the reaction of all yous guys when I posted something on here that was even remotely anti-lion. pretty much what I expected, y'all drinking the kool-aid.

cheers
:fishing: what an exciting life you must have
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

joesports wrote: I do wonder where SM gets these pictures though..........
Just as there is the CHOSEN ONE, there is always the anti-Wheatie, born and bred in the great flatness, but disgruntled by Sherri Austin and Al Ford.

He has a camera phone, ergo....

To be serious for a moment, for every bad sport like 1909 (man ...is he ever OLD...) there are many great Rider and Stamps fans whose voices are lost in the screams of the ones who think putting the opponent down somehow elevates them personally, as well as their team.

It is they whom 1909 dishonours, and that is sad.
lion inthe wasteland
prospect

Hi lion backers why waist your time ,ON THOSE WHO,SNIFFEL WHINE AND WHIMPER GREEN.Out here in the wasteland the sobbing blubbering cry of a dying gopher can last fore hours days weeks months seasons even.The tearry eyed green bleaders or bleady greenies,if you ask them will go on fore decades about how the entire world hates THE GOLLY GREEN MEN OF MICE.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

cheers
Let's see. Somebody who likes neither the Riders or Lions suddenly parachutes into a Lion fan forum to use this topic as his way of introducing himself and making friends. Fortunately for us the Rider fans who infrequently frequent our midst are true CFL fans and very objective Rider fans. lj909's tactic really places him below the zealot Rider fringe in the CFL fan evolutionary ladder. Quite sad really.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Lionut
Hall of Famer

There's an evolutionary ladder for Rider fans? Sorry, not buying...
"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever."
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Lionut wrote:There's an evolutionary ladder for Rider fans? Sorry, not buying...
It's really more of a step stool, as lj909 illustrates..
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Interesting to note that this TD isn't listed on the CFL's website as a candidate in the fan poll for play of the week for week 6 — presumably due to the missed call on the play.

As for the influence of that missed call on the outcome, we already had divine intervention on our side. The Riders' fate was sealed from the opening kickoff.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Lionut wrote:There's an evolutionary ladder for Rider fans? Sorry, not buying...
We are talking the prairies here. Only one rung is needed to reach the top of the tallest mountain. :wink:
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
hwgill
Legend

Any one who joins a fan forum only to get a reaction is a jerk, and not a fan at all. They are someone who simply feels the need to make themselves feel better by attacking others...hmmm, that seems to be the definition of a bully. I wonder how many people lj1909 pushes around at home?
" ... a team not being prepared to play is the head coach’s responsibility.” - Jim Barker
zark
Champion

I'm surprised it lasted for 3 pages of responses. Oh no, I just added to it.... :shock:
"'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Groucho Marx
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

cheers

Wow, huge revelation. We Lions fans have some passion about our team. Tell us, which fan website would not have provoked a similar reaction if you had made such a post directed to their team? Yep, you definitely caught us out.
You see, none of us Lion fans would actually claim to be unbiased to some degree. "Degree" however is an important word. In some places, this would be a 20 page thread by now and in addition to your "silly experiment" post, you would probably have had the degree of relationship between your parents questioned. We however simply engaged in what has been a long time honoured tradition here in BC. That is to make fun of some of the Way Out fans of that team. Note I said some, not all. There are some very good Rider fans who post here from time to time and not only are they welcome, they and others like them regardless of team are encouraged to return as often as they want in the spirit of friendship and love of the game. It is a pity that you decided to use childish tactics to try and get a rise just to "see" if it could be done. Newsflash, we really aren't so different from most fans of this game and if you poke us you are likely to get some reaction. Whether you are a Rider fan or not is immaterial although your antics doesn't do them any particular favours. Maybe you should go to one of their fan sites and tell them how you posed as a Rider fan and acted like a moron in their name. I'm sure they'll love you for it.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
LFITQ
Team Captain

3 pages????

C'mon on people we don't need to give this troll the time of day let alone this much bandwidth. He's obviously NOT a CFL fan for ANY team, but an internet troll.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
bclions16
Champion

LFITQ wrote:3 pages????
I KNOW! And we're so close to 4! We can do it!
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
LFITQ
Team Captain

bclions16 wrote:
LFITQ wrote:3 pages????
I KNOW! And we're so close to 4! We can do it!
You're damned lucky I didn't take a sip of my pop until AFTER I read that and stopped laughing!!! :rockin:
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??