Just wondering

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

zark
Champion

What does the losing team do with all the "we are the champions" shirts and stuff? Are they allowed to sell them? Do they have to destroy them? Do they send them to 3rd world countries?
"'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Groucho Marx
Bleddyn
Starter

zark wrote:What does the losing team do with all the "we are the champions" shirts and stuff? Are they allowed to sell them? Do they have to destroy them? Do they send them to 3rd world countries?
That explains the Vancouver Canucks 1994 Stanley Cup Champions hat I saw on a kid in Afghanistan.... :shock:

Seriously though, I have wondered myself. My uniformed and uneducated guess it the manufacturers keep them both boxed until the final whistle, unload one set, ship the other back to the factory and destroy.
zark
Champion

Maybe the sports and stuff guy can tell us.
"'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Groucho Marx
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I believe they are donated to the homeless. Remember those CFL "Our balls are bigger" T-shirts ? I was driving through the Downtown Eastside couple of years back and you wouldn't believe how many of the homeless were wearing them. Don't tell me they were Lion fans. :lol:
Wakesbetterthanyou
Legend

I read an article about that in regards to the penguins stuff that was made. It is burned. Tho they say that a fair amount of them do go missing, but they are all supposed to be burned. What a waste eh?
Check out my lions art http://lionbackers.com/bc_lions/viewtop ... =4&t=15940

How does a rider fan spell dynasty????

O N E
Bleddyn
Starter

TheLionKing wrote:I believe they are donated to the homeless. Remember those CFL "Our balls are bigger" T-shirts ? I was driving through the Downtown Eastside couple of years back and you wouldn't believe how many of the homeless were wearing them. Don't tell me they were Lion fans. :lol:
That is different then having ones with a "Champion-that-wasn't" on them. I am sure there are all kinds of legal reasons why they have to be destroyed.
prairiedog
Rookie

There was a story about this after the Giants beat the Patriots in the Superbowl. They pack up the losing gear and ship it down to some remote 3r wold country and give it away.

Not sure what the CFL or other leagues do.
Tighthead
Legend

I think they also do a pretty small initial run to have the gear ready immediately, and then ramp up production once the final gun goes.