TSN

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

DYLAN
Rookie

Was watching TSN today and i would just like to say i think they did an amazing job with their grey cup coverage.

People have given them alot of critism this year but they really put on a show today. That bit they did on the stamps and als season was incredible. It was very well done and i really think that was a great job they did.

What did everyone else think?
Bosco
Team Captain

TSN did an outstanding job today! :yes:

Kudos for the eight hour show, the profiles on both teams, and as Dylan mentioned, the great "NFL Films" style feature on how the teams won their division final games.

Looking forward to Sunday's coverage.
Bobbyp
Champion

Yah they did do a great job I have to admitt.
Some mispelling may or may not occur as well as using a word incorrectly in my posts
READER CAUTION IS STRICTLY ADVISED
Dan
Rookie

Good job TSN. Not very often I get to say that, but the 8 hr Grey Cup special was very well put together.
airkore
Rookie

Great work TSN!!!
Don't ever let CBC touch the CFL again.
Forever TSN...the way it's supposed to be covered.
Section 16
Level 2
Row D
Greatest Lions reciever of all time Mervyn Fernandez
Wakesbetterthanyou
Legend

I hated CBC's coverage. TSN does a way better job, and has way better cameras. Just need to upgrade their second commentary pairing.
Check out my lions art http://lionbackers.com/bc_lions/viewtop ... =4&t=15940

How does a rider fan spell dynasty????

O N E
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

It was great seeing Rod Black reduced to sideline guy while Cuthbert called the game. I'm sure Black's massive ego took an even more massive hit today! Ivan Fecan/CTV management absolutely love him for some unknown reason.... but it looks like the TSN guys who actually know a thing or two about sports broadcasting won the battle this time.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Best part of the coverage was no Steve Armitage and his dumb interview questions.
kenny
Champion

Originally I didn't think it was a good idea to move the Grey Cup to TSN. I was thought the whole country should have a chance to watch it. But that all changed this week. Even leading up to the game TSN was really pumping the grey cup.....with their daily reports and off the recond done in Montreal. The 3 hour pre-game show was great.....never in a million years would CBC even think of that. The whole thing was done first rate. And to top it all off no Chris Walby.
Honour Dewalt
Champion

I was waiting at the end of the broadcast for the video montage with highlights of the game to a song. It is the one thing I always enjoyed about the CBC broadcast. I was hoping TSN would do it as well, but no dice. I hope they do it next time, its a good way to end the broadcast.
Jim Mullin
Team Captain

Judging by the ratings, it would have been a much better broadcast if it were "TSN on CTV", much the same way big ESPN contracts are billed as "ESPN on ABC".
Krown Countdown U on CHCH TV and the TSN Radio Network.
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Jim Mullin wrote:Judging by the ratings, it would have been a much better broadcast if it were "TSN on CTV", much the same way big ESPN contracts are billed as "ESPN on ABC".
Same thing I was thinking. Bell Globe Media might have even been better off simulcasting the game on TSN and CTV. Not sure what CTV ran up against the Grey Cup, but I would think that having the game on both CTV and TSN would probably deliver more total eyeballs than the combined audience generated from alternative programming on CTV plus Grey Cup on TSN.

Another number I found very interesting was that RDS in Quebec had an audience that was almost 50% of the total national audience on TSN. Yes, it was Montreal playing but it shows how popular football is with francophones in Quebec. Something the CFL should consider if the time ever comes to decide on where to put that elusive 10th franchise.
snackdaddy
prospect

One thing I missed was the old grey cup games the cbc played the week leading up to the pick game.