Official 2008-09 Vancouver Canucks Season Thread

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

CartWheelFan
All Star

Lion Guy wrote:
CartWheelFan wrote:
Wakesbetterthanyou wrote:The canucks, like the last few years, will be incredibly hard to watch.....the canucks basically drove me to declare football as my #1 sport...i cant watch that drivel no more.
Just because the Canucks have disappointed you recently doesn't mean that you need to bump hockey down a notch, maybe you just need a new team, try backing a winner see how that makes ya feel :beauty:
Trouble is, every year, there is only 1 winner.
Exactly, so if your team isn't that 1 winner, at least the fans of 28 other teams are in the same boat you are at the end of the season :wink:
Wakesbetterthanyou
Legend

CartWheelFan wrote:
Wakesbetterthanyou wrote:The canucks, like the last few years, will be incredibly hard to watch.....the canucks basically drove me to declare football as my #1 sport...i cant watch that drivel no more.
Just because the Canucks have disappointed you recently doesn't mean that you need to bump hockey down a notch, maybe you just need a new team, try backing a winner see how that makes ya feel :beauty:
Naw, I couldnt cheer for another team....I'll cheer for Ovechkin, but thats about it. I just found i was too busy to dedicate 3 hours a night, 3 -4 nights a week, to something that was incredibly boring. Too many better things to do. But when i watch a lions game i'm on the edge of my seat, yelling at the tv, holding a football....they could be playing like ass or they could be playing amazing and it doesnt matter, I'm just glued to the game. The canucks made me turn off my tv. Kinda like watching season 5-10 of friends.
Check out my lions art http://lionbackers.com/bc_lions/viewtop ... =4&t=15940

How does a rider fan spell dynasty????

O N E
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Wakesbetterthanyou wrote: Naw, I couldnt cheer for another team....I'll cheer for Ovechkin, but thats about it. I just found i was too busy to dedicate 3 hours a night, 3 -4 nights a week, to something that was incredibly boring. Too many better things to do. But when i watch a lions game i'm on the edge of my seat, yelling at the tv, holding a football....they could be playing like ass or they could be playing amazing and it doesnt matter, I'm just glued to the game. The canucks made me turn off my tv. Kinda like watching season 5-10 of friends.
Battle Stations, General Quarters, this is NO drill, repeat this is NO Drill!

Just a heads up, wake...it is NOT permitted to say that here. Diss the Lions all ya want, but Nuckies get a free pass. 8)
CartWheelFan
All Star

Solar Max wrote:Battle Stations, General Quarters, this is NO drill, repeat this is NO Drill!

Just a heads up, wake...it is NOT permitted to say that here. Diss the Lions all ya want, but Nuckies get a free pass. 8)
That's a rule? I've been NOT following that rule for years :lol: Besides, it's not really a diss when all he's saying is something that is pretty much common knowledge after the last two seasons. :tease:
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Uh oh. He probably heard you....now you've done it. :lol:
Soundy
Hall of Famer

CartWheelFan wrote:Exactly, so if your team isn't that 1 winner, at least the fans of 28 other teams are in the same boat you are at the end of the season :wink:
When did the NHL lose a franchise?? ;)
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

So the first pre-season game is tonight in Edmonton.

I wonder who the new Captain and two Alternate captains will be.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
Soundy
Hall of Famer

It's an interesting thing... with the team off to a 4-0 preseason start, the "Gillis is an idiot" contingent has become awfully quiet...
(\__/)
nelson95
Legend

Gillis is an idiot

The Detroit Lions went 4-0 this preseason

case closed
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
Soundy
Hall of Famer

That might matter if the Detroit Lions played hockey.
(\__/)
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

It's very early in the tenure of Gillis, but I like what I see so far.

The moves for Bernier, Demitra, Johnson, Davison, and Hordichuk all look like they solidify the team.

No blockbusters there, but they all look like they can contribute.

Hodgson is an interesting pick. Taking him ahead of Beach was gutsy.

Gillis looks kind of cranky all the time. No nonsense. All business. He's careful with his comments to the media, although what he said originally about the Sedins could have been taken the wrong way.

I liked Nonis too, but an owner is going to get his own guy in there.

Lots of room under the cap. If Sundin signs, fine. Should help. If he doesn't sign (which seems likely), then Gillis has cap room to acquire some more offensive talent.

Goaltending should be top of the line.

Defense should be very good.

Offense ... we'll have to see how they do. Could surprise.
nelson95
Legend

NFL and NHL preseason = nothing

Canucks looking good for next years draft depending what they get for Luongo
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Well then why don't you just run along until next season, and leave us fans here to actually discuss what's going on with the team and the season, since you obviously have nothing positive to contribute and have written off the entire season already.

Kthxbye.
(\__/)
CartWheelFan
All Star

Soundy wrote:
CartWheelFan wrote:Exactly, so if your team isn't that 1 winner, at least the fans of 28 other teams are in the same boat you are at the end of the season :wink:
When did the NHL lose a franchise?? ;)
Your (non-winning) team, plus the winner (Stanley Cup Champs) plus 28 other teams equals thirty in my books :tease:
Soundy
Hall of Famer

You listed the one cup-winning team and 28 other losers... that equals 29 on my calculator!
(\__/)