How about trading Joe Smith to Toronto for Michael Bishop?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

sports & stuff----ric
Champion

bishop, no thanks.

still say casey gets a bad rap here. his agent did most of the damage.

How would you like it if you were mvp of the league and didnt get to play in the greycup we LOST! I think he handled it with as much class as he could .
Reporters trying to stir the pot everytime they interviewed him. Of coarse he was bitter but still never meet a player who wanted to win more than casey!

As i said before of all the players who have come to our store , and they have all been great! Casey still ranks # 1 with us here!

still believe buck is the best young qb in the league if his shoulder is strong.
hope he gets a chance friday!!
Big Time
Champion

My memory must be failing because I'm having difficulty remembering what Buck did to deserve such high praise. All I can ever remember is the guy seems to be more brittle than DD. All JJ's ever done is go out and win, albeit in a most inconsistent fashion.

Michael Bishop IMO represents absolutely no upgrade over JJ and BP so why bother. I'm not even sure what Bishop gets paid in comparison but I just don't see any point to having him on the roster.

And for what it's worth, I would GLADLY trade one of JJ and BP for Casey Printers any day of the week. I'm convinced that CP with a real defense and actual receivers would be a force in BC just like he was before.
ziggy
Legend

Big Time wrote:My memory must be failing because I'm having difficulty remembering what Buck did to deserve such high praise. All I can ever remember is the guy seems to be more brittle than DD. All JJ's ever done is go out and win, albeit in a most inconsistent fashion.

Michael Bishop IMO represents absolutely no upgrade over JJ and BP so why bother. I'm not even sure what Bishop gets paid in comparison but I just don't see any point to having him on the roster.

And for what it's worth, I would GLADLY trade one of JJ and BP for Casey Printers any day of the week. I'm convinced that CP with a real defense and actual receivers would be a force in BC just like he was before.
Casey is looking somewhat brittle as well! I'm not sure he is the same player who left here so I personally I think it would be a bad swap. He seems somewhat disinterested in playing in the CFL, maybe his ego took a bruising down south and he's not over it yet.
firstdown45

Thank you. Finally one person other than me has some common sense and is willing to see the forest from the trees.

Doesn't Casey's girlfriend still live here?
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

People here talk about why would we want Bishop. The flip side of that is while the Argos might like Smith they aren't going to move Bishop for him straight up. It has been proven far too often in recent years that depth at QB is a key to success in the CFL. The Argos have a very nice QB combo with Joseph and Bishop. The style of game Joseph plays is one that lends itself to injury as has been proven in his career. Bishop provides depth and experience as Joseph's backup. After that it's Cody Pickett and Reggie McNeal, neither of whom have thrown a CFL pass. Pickett had a Spurgeon Wynn type NFL cup of coffee competing 18 of 45 over the 2004 & 2005 seasons. For BC it would create a 3 headed QB monster where they either cut Pierce or opt to pay $200K for a 3rd string QB. This is one of those trade suggestions that only makes sense for some fans on call in shows. It makes no sense for either team. If the Lions felt a need to move Smith in order to fill holes they'd be looking for receivers or perhaps a linebacker.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
ziggy
Legend

firstdown45 wrote:doesn't Casey's girlfriend live here?
Even if she does there is no guarantee she can run the ball better than Joe!
No Ka Oi
Starter

Game might be blacked-out anyways, so might as well do some gardening, go shopping or read a book with the gf...
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

No Ka Oi wrote:Game might be blacked-out anyways, so might as well do some gardening, go shopping or read a book with the gf...
or show that you give a damn about the TEAM by showing up and giving moral support and whatever help possible. Even just showing up to cheer would show something. Its like he thinks he is above it all. Like he has contempt for the team, the league, the game, and even the fans.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
firstdown45

Hey, all of you, go to bclions.com and watch his interview.

He's smiling and laughing through the whole interview.

What the hell is so funny? You blew a 2 TD lead in the last game? And that's something to smile about?

Where the hell is the focus? Watch that interview and tell me if it changes your mind.
.G.
All Star

First off chimpy120firstdowndb45, please go play in traffic. Not for suggesting we trade Smith, just because you'd be doing the world a service.

Now then, the only way I would want to see Smith traded is if we got someone like Matt Dominguez in return (mind you, the non-injured version would be preferred). It's the Leos biggest need at this point, other than someone in the middle that can stop the run (I'm looking in your general direction Mr. Glatt) and that is the only way I would want to see Smith dealt.
MABEY!
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

firstdown45 wrote:Hey, all of you, go to bclions.com and watch his interview.

What the hell is so funny? You blew a 2 TD lead in the last game? And that's something to smile about?

Where the hell is the focus? Watch that interview and tell me if it changes your mind.
its called positive thinking. :tease:
2012 Season Ticket Holder
CartWheelFan
All Star

Dan_Payne_fan!! wrote:
firstdown45 wrote:Joe Smith's comments that he won't even watch Friday's game are the final straw. He clearly does not want to be here.

Trade him to Toronto for Michael Bishop. Toronto has already settled on Joseph, and they don't need Bishop. We don't need Smith (considering his who cares attitude) but we DO need a QB who can get it done.

It's time for the Lions and Smith to part ways.

Smith's nauseating attitude and conduct is detrimental to the team and is no different than Casey Printers' attitude when he was here, so why shouldn't the end result be the same?
shut up.
:whs:
CartWheelFan
All Star

ziggy wrote:Why not trade him for Brett Favre, he's looking for a team?
Since we'll just pulling idea's out of our collective a***s, how 'bout we wait until Farve signs with Tampa Bay, then pick up Jeff Garcia? He has CFL experience, and it might put Wally back into his "old QB's who were solid in the past but what have you done for me lately?" comfort zone? :tease:
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I hear from a source that Joe Smith will be making NOISE signs Friday night with firstdown45. Chimpy's mother will be baking them cookies.
pennw
Legend

firstdown45 wrote:Hey, all of you, go to bclions.com and watch his interview.

Just watched that interview and I saw nothing to indicate that he's not a team guy . Your imagination is getting away with you . I saw on the news tonight a story about a bear attack . They interviewed the woman next door who witnessed it and she appeared to have a smile on her face . Did it mean she was happy to see it ?? NO! Some people smile for different reasons , some out of nervousness , or it's their way of dealing with a bad situation . The smile meant nothing .
As for JS , he's a happy-go-lucky type who lives in the moment and smiling is part of his nature . I see him as a contented individual who is postive no matter what he is dealt . Would you rather see him have a fit or something??
This is as stupid as the "Wally B clapped because he was happy our kicker missed a field goal " comment .
BTW ,JS did not blow the lead , he never gave up any points . He helped get that lead in the first place though .
Credit must go to an inspired EE team who woke up in the late part of the game . They made many great catches , blocked our D-line well and RR made many great throws , while a few guys on our team blew coverages , missed tackles etc. That's why we lost this game.