Embarrassing

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

This is embarrassing...

Mike Benevides game plan needs a kick in the nuts at half time,

Eight caries a hundred and fifty yards against...that is embarrassing

Is Jarious bipolar if not why is acting like he is?

I'm sorry!

Why is it I have to embarrass this team into owning up to their potential?

Clermont, Simon both dropping touchdown balls in the end of the 2nd half...

How to remember Bobby boys!!!
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

PigSkin_53 wrote:This is embarrassing...

I'm sorry!
PS... back away from the key board at times like this...lol.

You have to give credit to the Als.... they came out running and no doubt caught the Lions by surprise. I wish the Lions had come out like that establishing a mix of run plays and then going downfield. This game is never over in the first half.

The Als got good blocking too and the effort by the D was what the TV said Benevides was on about after those runs. He blew by some guys fairly close although some great holding up by the Als gave him time.
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Toppy Vann wrote:

I'm sorry!
PS... back away from the key board at times like this...lol.

You have to give credit to the Als.... they came out running and no doubt caught the Lions by surprise. I wish the Lions had come out like that establishing a mix of run plays and then going downfield. This game is never over in the first half.
I'm sorry Toppy but the Leos did not do their home work...

With so many wins under their belt at home vs Montreal, the Lions should have known the Als would come gunning for them tonight.

Let's hope they can pull it out, but it all depends whether than can make the half time adjustments.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

More effort will help, yes!!! Re-focus and play like it is a new game and get the score back even.
hutch
Champion

Clermont dropped a TD catch? I don't think so! Are you talking about the one handed try while being double teamed? I'm pretty sure that wasn't anywhere near the endzone.

Simon's drop wasn't in the endzone either.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

UN-embarrassing now PS!!! Lions ahead now and I still have time to go get some new shoes before soccer this hot afternoon in Hong Kong which will be 91 degrees and likely more as we are running our clinic on turf fields in the middle of Happy Valley horse racing track.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Toppy Vann wrote:UN-embarrassing now PS!!! Lions ahead now and I still have time to go get some new shoes before soccer this hot afternoon in Hong Kong which will be 91 degrees and likely more as we are running our clinic on turf fields in the middle of Happy Valley horse racing track.

Whoops now in a losing position with time to go.. all good stuff.
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

Great faith Pigskin53. :roll:

It ain't pretty but it still is 2 points.
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

West Coast Blue Fan wrote:Great faith Pigskin53. :roll:

Thanks to you, who can see the changes in their primordial state, and know the implications thereof.

Bombers taken for granted and defeat to those who have taken them so lightly!
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

I'm sorry!

.....ummmm........Keith........are you forgetting your signature statement?

Remain calm and confident that true champions always hold fast their composure and in that, confidence in themselves no matter what the odds will always carry the day in the end.

In his post game comments to Ball and Caravatta when questioned about how easily the Als ran the ball early Wally stated that they studied Montreal's tendencies in the previous 4 games and pushing a running attack was not one of them. Since the Als prefered the aerial attack BC's prep and game plan focused on defending the pass. The Als crossed them up with the ground game.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

PigSkin_53 wrote:
West Coast Blue Fan wrote:Great faith Pigskin53. :roll:

Thanks to you, who can see the changes in their primordial state, and know the implications thereof.

Bombers taken for granted and defeat to those who have taken them so lightly!
Why don't you try to be more like your signature, and less like you're reading for the lead in The Tempest.

* edit * Looks like Hambone beat me to it, but it still remains good advice.
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Hambone wrote:

I'm sorry!

.....ummmm........Keith........are you forgetting your signature statement?

Remain calm and confident that true champions always hold fast their composure and in that, confidence in themselves no matter what the odds will always carry the day in the end.

In his post game comments to Ball and Caravatta when questioned about how easily the Als ran the ball early Wally stated that they studied Montreal's tendencies in the previous 4 games and pushing a running attack was not one of them. Since the Als prefered the aerial attack BC's prep and game plan focused on defending the pass. The Als crossed them up with the ground game.
Thanks Dale for reminding me why I dare not forgrt where I come from, for it is you true backers who really care about the team we love and will find a way to die for.

We are 3 & 2 and are ecstatic for the win!!!
CartWheelFan
All Star

PigSkin_53 wrote:
Thanks Dale for reminding me why I dare not forgrt where I come from, for it is you true backers who really care about the team we love and will find a way to die for.

We are 3 & 2 and are ecstatic for the win!!!
Ironically my name is also Dale :rockin: But I did want to point out (though I'm sure it won't be a welcome observation) that post game Paris Jackson's comments were an echo of Rider players comments re: playing a whole 60 minutes. Of course if that were the case and the Leo's would be blowing teams out, not coming from behind to win. That being said, I am NOT complaining! A win is a win and I'll take it!! Special thanks to Ian Smart for the TD that got things turning around for us!

GO LIONS!! :beer:
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Lions needs to be a more discipline team IMO. Lions were caught off guard by the Als running attack. Cavillo neutralized the Lions pass rush by throwing short.
pennw
Legend

BC was caught off guard early but as we saw , they made adjustments and the Als did have to fight till the end just to lose anyway. The thing about the Als new coach , no one yet knows to much about him and he brings many new things to the game that catches other teams off guard . This will be short lived because with every game the Als need to show more of themselves.