Team 1040 - Thursday, July 24th

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

McLetchie
Rookie

Your daily run-down

Rick Ball Show - hosted by the Lions PxP man himself
Geroy Simon...1:20
Rick Moffat (CJAD Als PxP)....2:00

Pratt & Taylor
Jim Young from Tuesday....4:00
Replay of Geroy (from Rick's show)..4:00
Bobby Lenarduzzi....4:20.. a follow-up to today's MLS announcement

6:00

Winnipeg - Calgary TSN simulcast.
firstdown45

what is the follow up on the MLS announcement?

I hear a lot of conflicting info
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Good interview with Geroy. I wish Ball would take more callers than hear himself talk. Same applies to Pratt and Taylor.
Hawkballer 14
Champion

TheLionKing wrote:I wish Ball would take more callers than hear himself talk. Same applies to Pratt and Taylor.
I respectfully disagree. To paraphrase Jim Rome: "More of me (host) and less of you (listener) is a good thing".

The show hosts are paid to do the research and provide educated and well-informed opinions. I do not want, nor do I need, to listen to the idiot masses.

It is almost painful to have to listen to some of the callers. "Trade the Sedins, they're garbage!" Okay, so then you need not one, but TWO scoring lines.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:Good interview with Geroy. I wish Ball would take more callers than hear himself talk. Same applies to Pratt and Taylor.
Agree with this, but Rick keeps the faith above all, so gotta cut him some slack.

Oh and McLetchie, this morning's program with BMac and Sekeres was outstanding radio. Super stuff.

Sorry, T-Mart. Wow man, hang in there. :beer:
Rick James
Legend

Hawkballer 14 wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:I wish Ball would take more callers than hear himself talk. Same applies to Pratt and Taylor.
I respectfully disagree. To paraphrase Jim Rome: "More of me (host) and less of you (listener) is a good thing".

The show hosts are paid to do the research and provide educated and well-informed opinions. I do not want, nor do I need, to listen to the idiot masses.

It is almost painful to have to listen to some of the callers. "Trade the Sedins, they're garbage!" Okay, so then you need not one, but TWO scoring lines.

I hate it when they have a good caller on and they say, " thanks but you had a good run we have lots of calls to take." and then proceed to take calls from lameasses

that have nothing to offer. that's about when i switch it to rock 101.
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

Rick James wrote: that's about when i switch it to rock 101.
Good grief, sir. Have you no better options in this age of satellite radio and a million streaming internet radio feeds than to have to bail out to that pile 'o dung station? About the only thing worse would be Jack. But you're right about your main point. Bang on. :beauty:
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Rick James wrote:I hate it when they have a good caller on and they say, " thanks but you had a good run we have lots of calls to take." and then proceed to take calls from lameasses that have nothing to offer. that's about when i switch it to rock 101.
Yeah, but they can't always know if the next call will be a lameass or not... it could be epic, or it could be Troy from White Rock, or The Pauser.
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Blake Price also had Ryan Phillips on at 8:30 tonight after the Winnipeg-Calgary simulcast, but Price immediately followed the interview by inviting callers to discuss hypothetical Canuck line combinations involving players they haven't signed.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Hawkballer 14 wrote:

I don't disagree that there are alot of idiots calling in. The problem I have is that alot of sports hosts(and I'm not singling out Rick Ball or Team 1040) is that they expressed their opinion on a topic and talks about it at length, then wanders off and discuss something else totally unrelated to sports, goes for a commercial break, then comes back and states what's coming up in the next hour and then gives his opinion on a topic again. :x
Soundy
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:
Hawkballer 14 wrote:

I don't disagree that there are alot of idiots calling in. The problem I have is that alot of sports hosts(and I'm not singling out Rick Ball or Team 1040) is that they expressed their opinion on a topic and talks about it at length, then wanders off and discuss something else totally unrelated to sports, goes for a commercial break, then comes back and states what's coming up in the next hour and then gives his opinion on a topic again. :x
Or if you're Jim Rome, you find about 20 different ways to state the exact same thing... :roll:
(\__/)
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote:Blake Price also had Ryan Phillips on at 8:30 tonight after the Winnipeg-Calgary simulcast, but Price immediately followed the interview by inviting callers to discuss hypothetical Canuck line combinations involving players they haven't signed.
Yes, that is the type of thing from these non-football guys that annoys me. Remember not all of these guys know football like they do fantasy line combos in hockey. When the NHL lost their season there was never any problem filling the talk show lines with hockey talk. The publishing of player salaries and their team's minimum and maximum spending requirements would enable a Dan Russell to go 3 years filling up shows on hockey without ever having to play a single game.

Hockey is relatively simple to talk where football is a lot more complex on both O and D. In hockey, you got line combos - think of how many permutations and combinations you can make with just one team and their farm club. Toss in free agents, it is growing exponentially.

I used to the like the Moj over all the 1040 guys at 730 AM when he did the afternoon show. Even if it was boxing he'd have on Bert Sugar or some other guy who knew history and it'd be interested. Moj had more guests from more different sports in a day than David Pratt typically ever does.

Jim Rome is ok but it is all US sports and no soccer which the clown has no realization that it is a global sport and has far more recognition than the NFL or the NBA which do recognize other countries as a way to market shirts and stuff.
Hawkballer 14
Champion

^^^Rome is a pretty big hockey fan, as he regularly has pro hockey guests (players/execs) on his shows.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

So how confused were Toppy and company this morning when they tuned in B-Mac and Sekeres and had to listen to them talking hockey with Wally Buono?? :lol:
(\__/)