Stamps TiCats--July 17

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

notahomer
Hall of Famer

Lumsdens on the shelf and there is a curious stat with the TiCats. I looked at some stats and their offense is split almost 50/50 run/pass! IIRC, their total offense is just over 1300 yards and the rushing/passing yards are split by 10 yards.

Therefore, CP is going to have to have a monster game but I'm guessing Stamps in a walk.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

0-0 Cats so far...looking good.
LFITQ
Team Captain

Solar Max wrote:0-0 Cats so far...looking good.
And then the opening kickoff was over and that was it.

I really feel for Ticat fans. It's the same problems that have plagued them since day 1. Turnovers and penalties and no creativity in the playbook offensively of defensively.

That team is so one dimensional with Lumsden it is really quite sad.

Oh and for those that were wanting Printers in a few weeks ago instead of Buck Pierce, jsut a slight note: Printers went 2 and out 3 times to start tonight's game just like Buck did a few weeks ago with mainly our second stringers and a vanilla offence in mop up time.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
notahomer
Hall of Famer

I thought this game would be an easy Stamps win but it was more of a stroll than I imagined. Late in the game Dave D. started taking some snaps. Like the TV Crew said "This game wasn't billed as Dickenson versus Printers". By the time it got to that it didn't matter anyway. I was chuckling though as I've seen that topic come up a few times..........
Soundy
Hall of Famer

notahomer wrote:Therefore, CP is going to have to have a monster game but I'm guessing Stamps in a walk.
Well, it was a monster, alright... the big scary hiding-in-your-closet-when-you-turn-out-the-lights kinda monster!
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

jcalhoun wrote:Hey all,

I don't have the expertise to critique a QB's throwing motion (*cough* Blitz! *cough*) but it looked to me that Printers was sort of sitting down as he was throwing.....I mean, he was dropping his hips back as if he was preparing to drop onto his ass after the throw instead of following through. Am I totally out to lunch, or did anyone else notice this? And I realize there was a fair bit of pressure on him from the Stamps D, but even when he had time he looked as if he was tossing the ball with just arm strength, etc.

Cheers,

James
"Backfoot" Burris has made a career out of a similar throwing motion. Printers has never had great mechanics, but he and Burris are each strong enough to throw an accurate deep ball without stepping into the throw.
David
Team Captain

Another year, same ol' Ti-Cats. Some great pieces, but somehow the puzzle doesn't fit. I really like Lumsden (whose sublime running could have kept the ball out of Burris's hands tonight), Moreno, Setta, and a few others, yet they don't possess enough talent top to bottom to take things to the next level. And frankly, it's getting a bit old. Sometimes I think "let's just have everyone give them a player and get this thing turned around already!" I really feel for long time Tiger-Cat fans who must be thinking "what did we do to deserve this drek?"

While this team is better than last year's, there's a lot of work to be done before I see a 10 win season in Hamilton (frankly, I thought they were better off with Greg Marshall than Charlie Taffe). The pass rush is dreadful, their secondary suspect, and they're not nearly deep enough at receiver. As for Casey, I thought he moved the team very well tonight - he had a great passing average, but apart from Tony Miles there isn't a receiver there who's going to instill fear in opposing defenses (although this Prechae Rodriguez kid shows some potential). The problem with Casey in Hamilton is that when they get behind, he tries to win it all by himself at times and, as a result, throws some ill-advised passes. :sigh:

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Printers had a fault with his delivery when he arrived at BC. The coaching staff had him change his technique.
Rammer
Team Captain

David wrote:Another year, same ol' Ti-Cats. Some great pieces, but somehow the puzzle doesn't fit. I really like Lumsden (whose sublime running could have kept the ball out of Burris's hands tonight), Moreno, Setta, and a few others, yet they don't possess enough talent top to bottom to take things to the next level. And frankly, it's getting a bit old. Sometimes I think "let's just have everyone give them a player and get this thing turned around already!" I really feel for long time Tiger-Cat fans who must be thinking "what did we do to deserve this drek?"

While this team is better than last year's, there's a lot of work to be done before I see a 10 win season in Hamilton (frankly, I thought they were better off with Greg Marshall than Charlie Taffe). The pass rush is dreadful, their secondary suspect, and they're not nearly deep enough at receiver. As for Casey, I thought he moved the team very well tonight - he had a great passing average, but apart from Tony Miles there isn't a receiver there who's going to instill fear in opposing defenses (although this Prechae Rodriguez kid shows some potential). The problem with Casey in Hamilton is that when they get behind, he tries to win it all by himself at times and, as a result, throws some ill-advised passes. :sigh:

DH 8)
That about sums it up, CP is over trying and he can get himself in a whole lot of trouble by bailing backwards rather than stepping in front of the pass rush and setting his throwing motion.
Entertainment value = an all time low
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

I would also say that Calgary has a pretty good team too....both sides of the ball.
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
DudeCFLlove
Rookie

ziggy
Legend

West Coast Blue Fan wrote:I would also say that Calgary has a pretty good team too....both sides of the ball.
At times Calgary sure look like the team to beat. Hamilton fans certainly have my respect for hanging in.
Big Time
Champion

I'm a big Casey fan, but I'm really starting to wonder about him. I'm not sure if the problem is him or the offensive scheme, but the plays they run don't seem tailored at all to his talents. Casey is at his best when they move the pocket and use his scrambling abilities. The only time he scrambles now is to avoid the porous breakdowns on the offensive line, which happens approximately 50% of the time. It's true that he has no real receivers who can catch the ball but some of the passes he attempted were not well thrown. His decision making at times is also extremely poor. It's hard to say whether this is a coaching problem, a personnel problem or a Casey problem but sooner or later, if Casey is the player he seems to think he is, than he's going to have to play better. Right now he's completely average and you would expect more out of the highest paid player in the league.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

I'm glad to see CP playing without BC's cast of recievers. CP played well with a great cast of Lions recievers. But he's struggled in Hamilton (IMHO). Legends in almost all team-sports are known for making the players around them good too. I think he's a talented football player but can he bring less talented players along for the ride? My vote is :thdn: