Official Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Ravi
Legend

Blitz wrote:I really believe our passing offence is seriously out of date LFITQ. Last season, we changed a lot of our running game and Jarious went deep more often but really we've been running the same passing offence in 2005, 2006, 2007, and the first two games this season.

It doesn't matter which quarterback is in there over the past 21 games...our passing offence has not been very good overall. A shake up might help but really the problem is less with the players offensively and much more with the scheme. When you are not having success...things start to break down!!
The Lions haven't had an exciting passing offence since 2004 and with all of the talent that they have, that is a shame for all CFL fans.
ilovetheriders
Starter

Ugly win...but hey with all the injuries....Crandell, Flick and Mitchell on special teams, we'll take it!!! Durant a third string qb wasn't that bad....he managed the game...gave it to Cates and he ran away with it. Credit to The Riders Defence for holding Jackson and Pierce in check.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

LFITQ wrote:Ok that seals it. We need a linebacking corps. We have none!
Urgggh! What a frustrating night we soo many things driving me crazy.

Benevides was schooled tonight when the game was on the line by insisting to keep just one LB on the field on anything more than 3 yards on 2nd down. The Riders had LIMITED options with a 3rd stringer QB on the field who had been running scout team all week. The screen to Cates was an easy play to execute and it was the Riders bread and butter all night with the Lions opting to have 7 DBs on the field.

Icing on the cake was with 2:30 go and the Riders facing a 2nd and 8. Even with Hughes playing FB and the Riders up by 10, Benevides treats it as a throwing down and takes out Glatt and Pottinger. Cates runs 12 yards for a 1st down and
that was all she wrote. Even I frickin knew the Riders weren't putting it in the air in that situation! :bang:

Now onto the novel for the offence and special team shortcomings. :sigh:
LFITQ
Team Captain

SammyGreene wrote:

Benevides was schooled tonight when the game was on the line by insisting to keep just one LB on the field on anything more than 3 yards on 2nd down. The Riders had LIMITED options with a 3rd stringer QB on the field who had been running scout team all week. The screen to Cates was an easy play to execute and it was the Riders bread and butter all night with the Lions opting to have 7 DBs on the field.

Icing on the cake was with 2:30 go and the Riders facing a 2nd and 8. Even with Hughes playing FB and the Riders up by 10, Benevides treats it as a throwing down and takes out Glatt and Pottinger. Cates runs 12 yards for a 1st down and
that was all she wrote. Even I frickin knew the Riders weren't putting it in the air in that situation! :bang:

Remember we cut Goodwell because we didn't need any more linebackers. :bang:
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
mightybuck
Legend

I didnt see the end of the game because of our fireworks show in town. I read that Buck was sacked. Did he appear to get hit on the right shoulder or just sacked?
"The most competitive men love the most competitive game" Vince Lombardi

A true friend is someone who walks in when everyone else is walking out
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

Is Leo the Lion on steroids? hahaha
did they use the costume from straycat's old costume?
2012 Season Ticket Holder
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

mightybuck wrote:I didnt see the end of the game because of our fireworks show in town. I read that Buck was sacked. Did he appear to get hit on the right shoulder or just sacked?
CartWheelFan
All Star

Dan_Payne_fan!! wrote:Is Leo the Lion on steroids? hahaha
That was my thought exactly! lol

Sorry this comment isn't game related, but the game was not comment worthy.
David
Team Captain

LFITQ wrote:
SammyGreene wrote:

Remember we cut Goodwell because we didn't need any more linebackers. :bang:
I can guarantee one thing for next week: T.J. Stancil will be playing.

While the offensive line play was much improved over last week, they couldn't open any holes for a ground attack. Sorry, but blowing 3rd down and a foot is inexcusable. Here's hoping Haji-Rasouli makes gets better for next week too. Kudos to Stith for a great effort tonight though.

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
mightybuck
Legend

Hey Lionking

you quoted me but didnt answer the question
"The most competitive men love the most competitive game" Vince Lombardi

A true friend is someone who walks in when everyone else is walking out
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

mightybuck wrote:Hey Lionking

you quoted me but didnt answer the question
Oops sorry. Buck did not fall on his shoulder. He was his usual self warming up. From where I was sitting he was throwing the football well.
sports & stuff----ric
Champion

hey mighty buck, i dont believe buck was hit on the shoulder this time. He didnt get another chance because they never got the ball back.
ThreeTimesOneMinusOne
Champion

Not an enjoyable game at all, I just wanted it to end so I could go home. I'm just tired and sweaty, not really awake or energetic and I have a few blemishes on my face, I don't need to see the Western Final redux on top of it.
wildthing
All Star

sorry for the ugly game by both teams guys neither team really deserved a W. I was hoping for a good strong game from both teams but I guess it wasn't in the stars. Hopefully for the Leos its just a small tinkering needed to turn around.
.G.
All Star

It pains me to make this comparison but right now the BC Lions are the Vancouver Canucks on grass (or field turf in this case). All defense, no offense.
MABEY!