What happened to the Tailgate?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Huggy
prospect

Zarquon wrote:Since the land requires rezoning then maybe we should see about swaying some city councilors. This is an election year and we need to organize and make this an election issue.
Hi Zarquon,

Thanks for the ideas - keep 'em coming. As it stands, we are looking at several options for the home opener. That includes the possibility of an organized (and peaceful) protest to bring some awareness to this issue.

The landowner (or potential buyer) is perfectly within their rights to apply for a rezoning and the loss of a few tailgaters wouldn't be a deciding factor as far as the planning department is concerned (and they make the recommendation to council).

I feel a better angle would be to appeal to Concord's sense of "community decency" (if they have such a thing). Quoting from stories such as our groups serving of a pancake breakfast to over 200 people (including some of the homeless that frequent the site) at last year's Western Final might turn some heads.

They need to understand that our activities are not meant to hurt anything/one, cause problems, or be in any way detrimental towards them.

I think we should take a positive attitude towards solving this, and turn the heat up if we don't get anywhere.
Rick James
Legend

We still q'd up some meat and swilled some beers, and I only had to pay $6 to park. No big deal. I knew i'd be a nomadic TG'er sooner or later.
D
Team Captain

Rick James wrote:We still q'd up some meat and swilled some beers, and I only had to pay $6 to park. No big deal. I knew i'd be a nomadic TG'er sooner or later.
I'm not into giving the pricks at Impark any money let alone $30 ..... so were did you park?
I own The Grey Cup! .com
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

Yeah....we had a tiny tailgater, and the 6 bucks to park was very reasonable. Security was great and had no issues with us.

Long live the gypsy tailgaters!!!
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

Huggy wrote:I feel a better angle would be to appeal to Concord's sense of "community decency" (if they have such a thing). Quoting from stories such as our groups serving of a pancake breakfast to over 200 people (including some of the homeless that frequent the site) at last year's Western Final might turn some heads.
Oh man, that brings back some good memories. Those TG pancakes were amazing! :yes:
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

I feel once the community and local media become fully aware of the perspective of the situation, and weigh in on the decision to terminate the tailgaters, this may yet be reversed in the favour of Lionbackers everywhere both local and visiting. :cr:
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
nelson95
Legend

We parked at Bank O Montreal

Price went up $6.50 to $8
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
woody
Champion

So no tailgate for the home opener?