Marc Boerigter now available to Lions

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Ravi
Legend

The Argos quietly released Boerigter yesterday and the Lions were a very interested party in him back in the fall so will he resurface in B.C.?
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

No.

:lol:
David
Team Captain

A resounding "no."

The Lions need to upgrade at receiver, but will look do so by going outside the league for younger, cheaper and frankly, 'better' prospects. Unfortunately, whatever surgeries Boerigter required while in Kansas City have really affected his career.

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
ziggy
Legend

I think that ship has sailed. Not sure he fits in the system any longer. Would be nice to pick up a deep threat.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Does anyone really think the Lions are interested? I have my doubts. The only way they might be interested is:

1 If the Lions had information that he was in good physical condition. That is a big if.

2 If he still has the ability he showed earlier in his career. The Lions would have been able to make a decision on this based on the film they have from this year.

3 If the above 2 conditions are met, the Lions might think it is worth taking a look at him in Training Camp. He would be very much on the bubble.

4 If Roy Shivers feels he has the desired quality and quantity of "new" talent to bring to TC, then IMHO, they pass on Boerigter anyway.
Rammer
Team Captain

WestCoastJoe wrote:Does anyone really think the Lions are interested? I have my doubts. The only way they might be interested is:

1 If the Lions had information that he was in good physical condition. That is a big if.

2 If he still has the ability he showed earlier in his career. The Lions would have been able to make a decision on this based on the film they have from this year.

3 If the above 2 conditions are met, the Lions might think it is worth taking a look at him in Training Camp. He would be very much on the bubble.

4 If Roy Shivers feels he has the desired quality and quantity of "new" talent to bring to TC, then IMHO, they pass on Boerigter anyway.
I would have said the same after Boerigter's stint in Calgary, yet Wally made a play for him, losing out to the Argos in the end. However 4 sums it up at this point for me, and if Shivers can deliver us another bonifide receiver, then the transition is a positive from O'Bie to him.
Entertainment value = an all time low
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I very much doubt that Boerigter will be showing up at training. His medical history is suspect.
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

No... damaged goods. Too old and injury prone in his latter years.
iso_55

If he couldn't play last year what makes anyone think after another year has passed that now he can?
David
Team Captain

iso_55 wrote:If he couldn't play last year what makes anyone think after another year has passed that now he can?
Not sure if that's a rhetorical question or not, but for the record, nobody here does.

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
cromartie
Hall of Famer

That ship actually sailed a couple of years ago when he was dropping passes in training camp in Green Bay.
iso_55

David wrote:
iso_55 wrote:If he couldn't play last year what makes anyone think after another year has passed that now he can?
Not sure if that's a rhetorical question or not, but for the record, nobody here does.

DH 8)
Rhetorical... :yes:
Dan Russell
Legend

Not only was he not running good routes he couldn't catch either which is something you can't fix with surgery. It is time to take this old clydesdale out behind the barn and give him 2 "Tylenols" and ship him off to the glue factory.
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote: However 4 sums it up at this point for me, and if Shivers can deliver us another bonifide receiver, then the transition is a positive from O'Bie to him.
Would another Shivers' find like Mervin Fernandez convince you Rammer? :wink:

Maybe his son Joe Fernandez is ready now, a wide receiver at Fresno State University if the Sea Hawks are not interested. :cr:
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis