Official NBA Thread

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

GeroySimonFAN
All Star

so David Stern says the Ford Center in OKC is good enough to house an NBA Team Permanently(It cost $89 million to build). Now OKC Mayor said the city is going ahead and building a NBA Practice Facility and possibly upgrading Ford Center...and they dont even have a team yet...

So they are "Ok'd" by the NBA to play in an arena that cost only $89 million?...and the Sonics Owner won't even agree on a Key Arena upgrade in Seattle?...The Owners vote on the relocation on April 17th/18th i believe...
GeroySimonFAN
All Star

anyone catch the Suns/Hornets game tonight on SportsNet Pacific?..amazing game by Chris Paul(CP3) of the Hornets, he's the second best point guard in the NBA imo..he really knows how to crank his play up in the 4th quarter...and yep, the hornets won..beat my suns :(

the Suns will be on SportsNet Pacific again on Monday night as they host the Denver Nuggets at 6PM PST.
GeroySimonFAN
All Star

The Boston Celtics are for real folks..they just improved to 29-3 tonight with a victory over the red hot Detroit Pistons at the Palace of Auburn Hills. The Pistons came into tonights game riding an 11 game win streak...
now let me ask you guys, do you think the Celtics can win 70 games this year?...maybe duplicate Chicago Bulls 72-10 back in waht was it 96?...or was that 97?...Ray Allen, Garnett, and Pierce will have to stay healthy if they are to win 70+ games.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/2008 ... s_pistons/
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

I went to my first NBA game since the Grizzlies final home game, in Seattle vs the 76ers and I loved it. The atmosphere, players, everything even though Durant sat out.

If Vancouver could get an NBA team again, that would be so awesome. We had bigger attendance figures than they have in Memphis now (there are other teams too, but they're my example)...all we need is an owner who won't screw us over.
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Lions_Fan_4_Life wrote:I went to my first NBA game since the Grizzlies final home game, in Seattle vs the 76ers and I loved it. The atmosphere, players, everything even though Durant sat out.

If Vancouver could get an NBA team again, that would be so awesome. We had bigger attendance figures than they have in Memphis now (there are other teams too, but they're my example)...all we need is an owner who won't screw us over.
I'll second that. I went to a number of Grizzlies game while they were here, and it was always a good time, even when we lots (which was most of the time). Was a lot cheaper than the Canucks, too, which made for some pretty good value for the entertainment dollar. I'd love to see the NBA back in town!
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
GeroySimonFAN
All Star

Good to hear that you went down to Seattle to see a game Lions_Fan_4_Life. The Key Arena is such a great "BASKETBALL" Venue, even though it gets a lot of negativity from its current owner..saying its not up to NBA Standards. The Sightlines in that Arena are great, you feel like you are right on top of the action. I usually go down to 4 or 5 games a year in Seattle...
This year im planning on going to the March 19th game when Phoenix is in town. I will wear my new Phoenix Suns Steve Nash Alternate(The Orange PHX Jersey) to the game that i got for Christmas :)
GeroySimonFAN
All Star

Good to hear that you went down to Seattle to see a game Lions_Fan_4_Life. The Key Arena is such a great "BASKETBALL" Venue, even though it gets a lot of negativity from its current owner..saying its not up to NBA Standards. The Sightlines in that Arena are great, you feel like you are right on top of the action. I usually go down to 4 or 5 games a year in Seattle...
This year im planning on going to the March 19th game when Phoenix is in town. I will wear my new Phoenix Suns Steve Nash Alternate(The Orange PHX Jersey) to the game that i got for Christmas :)
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Oooo I wanna go!
(\__/)
GeroySimonFAN
All Star

The SUNS play in Portland on March 18th and Seattle on the 19th...I'm thinking of going to both!!!...that would be the ultimate SUNS Roadtrip in the Pacific Northwest for SUNS Fans living in Vancouver BC.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Considering I have relatives in both towns (well, Portland and Tacoma), that would indeed make for a fun road trip! My cousins in Portland are Blazers fans, too ;)
(\__/)
GeroySimonFAN
All Star

You guys watching the Suns and Denver right now? The SUNS are ON FIRE!!!...44 points already in the first quarter with 1:18 to go in it...
lion24
Legend

I have not seen many Portland games this year, how are they so much improved this year?? Is it some younger players and less troublemakers?? I still think the road to the Finals in the east goes through the Pistons. The Celtics may finish the year with a better record but I think the Pistons playoff experience of the past few years may be tough for the Celtics to overcome. If the Celts can keep Allen, Garnett and Pierce together for a few more years they will be a factor in the east for a while. Wouldn't it be interesting if the Celtics/Lakers rivalry was rekindled?? As far as my favourite team, the Suns, they need to be a little more aggressive on defence(a la Raja Bell) to win the whole thing as they can score but tend to let teams back in the game. Maybe Grant Hill will be that extra weapon to carry them through this year.
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
GeroySimonFAN
All Star

lion24: Portland got rid of most of the trouble in the last year or two(Damon Stoudamire, Rasheed Wallace, Zach Randolph, etc...) Now they drafted some great players like last years rookie of the year Brandon Roy(he is from the Seattle Area), Martell Webster(also from the Seattle area), Lamarcus Aldridge...all turning out to be great players...and next year Greg Oden the #1 draft pick this year will be back..hopefully he shows us why he was #1...he was a BEAST in College. Its scary to think how Portland will be next year with Oden in the mix. Also to note James Jones who used to play with Phoenix leads the Portland team AND the league in 3 point accuracy at around 53%..Jason Kapono of the Raptors is second in the league at around 51%. They finally have a team that cares in Portland...
lion24
Legend

GeroySimonFAN wrote:lion24: Portland got rid of most of the trouble in the last year or two(Damon Stoudamire, Rasheed Wallace, Zach Randolph, etc...) Now they drafted some great players like last years rookie of the year Brandon Roy(he is from the Seattle Area), Martell Webster(also from the Seattle area), Lamarcus Aldridge...all turning out to be great players...and next year Greg Oden the #1 draft pick this year will be back..hopefully he shows us why he was #1...he was a BEAST in College. Its scary to think how Portland will be next year with Oden in the mix. Also to note James Jones who used to play with Phoenix leads the Portland team AND the league in 3 point accuracy at around 53%..Jason Kapono of the Raptors is second in the league at around 51%. They finally have a team that cares in Portland...
Sounds like an exciting future for the Blazers, I wish they would televise their games more, as well as Golden State. It is funny with Oden as he looks to be about 40 but is in his early 20's :lol: GeroySimonFAN, is he ever going to be an offensive force or will he be more of a defensive player like Ben Wallace?? Did he not have a pretty serious injury this year and how much may that affect his future?? Do you think the Suns can make that last step? I am asking you all these questions as you seem to be our resident NBA expert :thup: :wink: I like all sports so I thought I could add to your thread, hopefully I know enough to add to it?? :cr: :sigh:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
GeroySimonFAN
All Star

Greg Oden i think will be more of a defensive center. He had microfracture knee surgery, the same type of injury/surgery PHX's Amare Stoudemire had. Some guys never are the same after microfracture surgery. I think the Suns can win it all but the games slow down in the playoffs and is more half court oriented. I feel the Suns would have won last year if Amare and Diaw didn't get suspensions for leaving the bench after Nash was bodychecked into the scorers table by Horry. The thing this year is there are 2 teams from the East I feel can win it all. Boston and Detroit. Last year there was no eastern team that could take the West imo. Last years finals were boring as the Spurs took the Cavs in 4 straight.