World Junior Hockey Tournament

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

Have watched one full game so far (vs Sweden) and will watch Friday too, 7 am:(
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
lion24
Legend

Bernier was not too pleased to learn that he would not start against Robbie's team on Friday.....I don't know if his English is not good or what but he was interviewed on TSN and spoke in French that the decision sucks and he only heard from his teammates that he would not start. Sounds like a bit of an egomaniac that TEAM Canada does not need??
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

It could be the fact that he heard it from his teammates and not his head coach. Every goaltender, at that level, wants to play, especially in his last year of eligibility for the WJHC.
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

2-0 late in 2nd, looking pretty good right now.

Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

just listened to the win over USA on radio... in fact I've listened to most Canada games in the tournament this year. And what I have really enjoyed (besides Canadian victories) is that the radio broadcast has a mic on the Canadian players during the national anthem following the wins. It is so great to hear these kids belting out O'Canada with such enthusiasm and pride! Good job to the radio broadcast crew for capturing the real emotion of the moment.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Best game of the tournament by Canada by far. Now we get another shot at Robbie's other favourite team Sweden.
CartWheelFan
All Star

Am looking foreword to the Canada v Sweden game, but I don't know how I am going to make it through this Bronze medal sleeper going on right now. Russia up 4-0 early in the second period, with the usa showing no signs of life, or of caring. Not surprising, but still a little disappointing.

Oh well, the Canada game will be MUCH better with two talented teams pulling out all the stops! Go Canada Go!! :beer:
LFITQ
Team Captain

Why does this Team Canada keep shutting down in the 3rd? Let's put all the stuff we have done properly to this point and throw it out the window. :roll: The mad scramble is the best defense ... :roll:

And what is it with the stupid prevent defense they are running late in the game? Attack attack attack gets you a 2 goal lead and doinating the game. So for the final frame let's sit on our heels and stop skating and just wait for the opposition to come to us. :roll:

Better have a good change of thinking in the OT ...
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
CartWheelFan
All Star

That's a brutal shot of the ref having to go over and check on the Swedish goaltender who was still facedown on the ice after the goal.

On the bright side... Yeah baby!! Canada is golden! :beer:
LFITQ
Team Captain

Whew!!!!!

:rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin:
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
lion24
Legend

A little too much for my heart to take!!!! Way to go Canada.........Sorry Robbie that both your teams didn't quite make it :wink: :wink:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
nelson95
Legend

congrats boys!!!! :rockin:
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

Bring home the gold baby! WOOT

Rammer
Team Captain

LFITQ wrote:Why does this Team Canada keep shutting down in the 3rd? Let's put all the stuff we have done properly to this point and throw it out the window. :roll: The mad scramble is the best defense ... :roll:

And what is it with the stupid prevent defense they are running late in the game? Attack attack attack gets you a 2 goal lead and doinating the game. So for the final frame let's sit on our heels and stop skating and just wait for the opposition to come to us. :roll:

Better have a good change of thinking in the OT ...
Hey Mr. Positive, we won....wahooo! :wink:
Entertainment value = an all time low
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

CartWheelFan wrote:That's a brutal shot of the ref having to go over and check on the Swedish goaltender who was still facedown on the ice after the goal.

On the bright side... Yeah baby!! Canada is golden! :beer:

No kidding! You might think that a least one of his teamates might come over and pat him on the back and tell him what a great tournament he played fer ChrisSakes. That and I was a little surpised and dissapointed that not one Swedish player won a tournament award. I mean, they went through to the Gold Medal game undefeated and came within an ace of winning the whole thing. A bit ridiculous really.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.