Hoping everything is alright for Eric Tillman

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Disturber
Champion

My prayers are with Eric and his family.

I've poked fun at him this year for some of his tirades against the Lions, but I'll always remember him as the man who put together our 1994 Grey Cup Champion team.

Get well soon, Eric
Go Lions!
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

Vern Halen wrote:Don't forget - ET helped take the Lions from 3-15 in '92 to Grey Cup Champs in '95, right?
it was 94 :wink:
2012 Season Ticket Holder
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

Reider wrote:Sounds like he just had a stress/anxiety attack?
Or maybe a bad reaction to a Regina eatery, if there are such things? What have they got in Regina? A Tim Horton's and a Denny's?

Kidding. I'm sure there's a Humpty's and a Harvey's, too.
Dan Russell
Legend

So Tillman won't be in BC place which is unfortunate. Get well Eric and good luck this weekend.
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

While I've enjoyed referring to him as "the pissant" on occassion this season, the truth is I do think he is a great football man, and a real asset to the CFL. And I wil always be grateful to him the job he did in BC and the 1994 Grey Cup championship.

Best wishes to ET. Hope it's nothing serious and you'll be able to enjoy the off season in good health, which should start in about 34 hours for the riders!
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

Get well soon, Eric. :thup: :cr:
nelson95
Legend

Grew up in the heart disease capital of the world

the south
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
wildthing
All Star

LFITQ wrote:Just read a report that said Eric Tillman was sent to hospital with chest pains today. Tests have been performed that rueld out a heartattack. However, doctors have said he is not to travel to BC Place this weekend.

Link to story here

Regardless of what we may think of some of his actions/comments, you cannot argue that he isn't good for the League, and being another human being who loves the same sport I do, I wish him only the best and hope for a speedy recovery! :cr: !

Get well soon Eric!! :rockin:
:beer: cheers for that respect very nice post LFITQ
stansz
Champion

get well soon eric tillman
pumped!!!
QB Club 63
All Star

Saw this story on CFL.ca which shows Eric & his wife each have a great sense of humour now that he's been cleared to go to the Grey Cup.

http://www.cfl.ca/index.php?module=news ... &nid=21686

Good luck to both the Riders and the Bombers. At least the Cup stays in the West! :rockin:
Vern Halen
Champion

Funniest quote:

"I'm lying there, they've shaved a part of my chest, I've got all these things attached to me and medicine under my tongue, and we've got people sticking their head in the door asking Kent: 'How we going to do this weekend, Coach?' " said Tillman. "And I'm saying: 'Hey, I might be a decal on the helmet on Sunday, can we please focus here.'"
Stui

LFITQ wrote:Just read a report that said Eric Tillman was sent to hospital with chest pains today. Tests have been performed that rueld out a heartattack. However, doctors have said he is not to travel to BC Place this weekend.

Link to story here

Regardless of what we may think of some of his actions/comments, you cannot argue that he isn't good for the League, and being another human being who loves the same sport I do, I wish him only the best and hope for a speedy recovery! :cr: !

Get well soon Eric!! :rockin:
Yeah, I've said it before on here that in Ackles and Tillman, both teams have the two BEST front-office players in the business. Tillman is an architect. He redesigned our team to take us from a losing season, to Grey Cup Champ's two years later.

I've had the pleasure of meeting with him for football advice when I coached with a BC Junior team. He was always gracious with his time and information. A VERY smart, astute, calculating, talented, and very intelligent individual. Loved him when he was here, hate him now he's at the 'Riders, cuz he's a dangerous man when it comes to designing a championship team.

All the best to ET, have a restful offseason, and we'll see you in battle again next year.

Cheers Eric!