2007 Grey Cup Dream Matchup

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Toronto and BC in the Grey Cup?

Yes
69%
No
31%

Total votes: 26
hoonsagain
Starter

Argos and Lions in the 2007 Grey Cup......a dream matchup:

BC Lions have won 8 in a row, Argos have won 7 in a row.

To reach the Grey Cup, BC Lions will have won 9 in a row, Toronto 8.

In the last 11 games, including a win to get to the cup...... BC 9-1-1, Toronto 10-1.

T.O's only loss in that stretch......a 40-7 thumping in BC Place.

BC vs Toronto this year, 2-0, but the first win in T.O. was early, and close.

The last time BC and T.O. met in the cup......2004 : Argos 27, BC 19, with Allen at QB for T.O. and Dickensen for BC.

The time before that, 1983, Toronto played the spoilers in BC Place 18-17, so T.O. is 2-0 in Grey Cups against BC.

BC is the class of the league, Toronto has improved immensely, and will be playing at home. This is shaping up to be a CLASSIC. Now go out there and make it happen boys! GO BC!!! Apologies to WPG, MTL, CGY, and SASK!!!

:rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin:

hoons
Football is not a contact sport. It's a collision sport. Dancing is a... contact sport. ~Duffy Daugherty
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

Despite all of the stats you've put up, my "dream" matchup would be with Winnipeg. Joe Smith vs. Charles Roberts. The two rushing kings in the CFL. Geroy Simon, Jason Clermont and Paris Jackson vs. Terrence Edwards, Derick Armstrong, Milt Stegall...arguably the two best groups of receivers in the league. Kevin Glenn vs. Jarious Jackson/Dave Dickenson/Buck Pierce, any of our QBs can lead one of the best offences in the league going head-to-head against the potential CFL MOP. If the Lions and Bombers meet in the GC, it'll have tons of star power and plenty of intrigue.
hoonsagain
Starter

I like your individual matchups. How about the leagues best offence vs the leagues best defence (BC vs Toronto). Also, BC can tie T.O. for the most Grey Cups victories since 1983. Besides, the way WPG is playing, if they should squeak in, the Grey Cup could end up being a blowout by the Lions.
Rammer
Team Captain

If the Lions end up in the GC, it would be nice to see them take out TO in their own home. I would also hate to see Allen steal a win for them though..... :no:
Entertainment value = an all time low
Ravi
Legend

You can bet that CBC's dream matchup would be B.C./Toronto with Saskatchewan/Toronto being a close second. Obviously, being an Argos fan, I would love to see Toronto against anybody in the Grey Cup but the thought has definitely crossed my mind in recent days and throughout the season that B.C. vs. Toronto at SkyDome would be a matchup made in heaven for many reasons.
hoonsagain
Starter

Too bad it'll be the only GC since 1964 that I didn't attend in which the BC Lions were playing. Can't make it to T.O. this year, but at least I'll be able to see what it's like to watch BC in the cup on TV for the first time. :wink:

hoons
Football is not a contact sport. It's a collision sport. Dancing is a... contact sport. ~Duffy Daugherty
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

hoonsagain wrote:I like your individual matchups. How about the leagues best offence vs the leagues best defence (BC vs Toronto). Also, BC can tie T.O. for the most Grey Cups victories since 1983. Besides, the way WPG is playing, if they should squeak in, the Grey Cup could end up being a blowout by the Lions.
Good point. OK, so I change my choice to the Lions vs. anybody! 8)
almo89
Legend

For the sake of the league, it would be great. Just imagine the ratings. We still need revenge for 83, nevermind 04.
Glenegade

I have a thing where I don't like the home town to have their team in the Grey Cup.
I like it to be a neutral event
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Glenegade wrote:I have a thing where I don't like the home town to have their team in the Grey Cup.
I like it to be a neutral event
Great Idea!!! Lets have the Grey Cup at Mosiac Field every year then!! :wink:

I voted yes to Toronto but...... I agree with the WPG matchup too. Stegall's swansong and such.
That being said playing for the Grey Cup on your opponents turf is what I'm looking to see.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

My dream matchup involves a BC win. I could not care less against whom it would come.