What if Joseph Was Injured?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

The_Real_Deal wrote:You can dance around all you want.
Fred Perry ducked his head (his face was pointed at the ground as he flew though the air) and lead with the top of his helmet. The top of his helmet made first contact with Dave D's chin (announcer says: "right into the chin"). This was all after the ball was gone to the receiver (contact after the ball is away).

<If a defender keeps his head up and contacts the passer with his face mask, he will not be penalized, unless the initial or primary contact is above the passer’s shoulders.>

Perry's head is not up. His face is pointed at the ground. Since his face is pointing down, by the laws of geometry, the top of his helmet is leading the facemask. Perry's facemask does end up in Dave's chest, after the top of Perry's helmet snaps Dave's chin back. Then, after this contact, Dave's head hits the ground hard.

<primary contact is above the passer's shoulders>

This is my last post on this issue. Go ahead and make your final argument, if you wish. I will not respond. I put the video on youtube to create discussion about such hits which I consider dangerous, and that has been done. But at some point, we have to let it go. For me, that is now.

The play was a referee's call, which is easy to miss. Tillman said it should have been a penalty. Buono thought it merited sending in to the league office. I agree with Tillman's original call, and with Buono's. You see it differently. That is the way it will stay.

I think hits like this one and the one on Crandall will be more closely watched and penalized in the future.

As a guest of Lionbackers, You can have the last word.
The_Real_Deal
Rookie

WestCoastJoe wrote:
The_Real_Deal wrote:You can dance around all you want.
Fred Perry ducked his head (his face was pointed at the ground as he flew though the air) and lead with the top of his helmet. The top of his helmet made first contact with Dave D's chin (announcer says: "right into the chin"). This was all after the ball was gone to the receiver (contact after the ball is away).

<If a defender keeps his head up and contacts the passer with his face mask, he will not be penalized, unless the initial or primary contact is above the passer’s shoulders.>

Perry's head is not up. His face is pointed at the ground. Since his face is pointing down, by the laws of geometry, the top of his helmet is leading the facemask. Perry's facemask does end up in Dave's chest, after the top of Perry's helmet snaps Dave's chin back. Then, after this contact, Dave's head hits the ground hard.

<primary contact is above the passer's shoulders>

This is my last post on this issue. Go ahead and make your final argument, if you wish. I will not respond. I put the video on youtube to create discussion about such hits which I consider dangerous, and that has been done. But at some point, we have to let it go. For me, that is now.

The play was a referee's call, which is easy to miss. Tillman said it should have been a penalty. Buono thought it merited sending in to the league office. I agree with Tillman's original call, and with Buono's. You see it differently. That is the way it will stay.

I think hits like this one and the one on Crandall will be more closely watched and penalized in the future.

As a guest of Lionbackers, You can have the last word.
Perry went face first in to Dickenson's upper chest area. You really can complain all you want, but it was a clean hit.
Reider
Starter

PigSkin_53 wrote:What happens if Kerry Joseph happens to get injured now ???

What happens to the Saskatchewan Rough Riders then???

:thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn:
Then Marcus Crandell plays.
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Reider wrote:

:bawl:
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

[quote="PigSkin_53"]What happens if Kerry Joseph happens to get injured now ???

[quote]

i would laugh.
2012 Season Ticket Holder
Reider
Starter

PigSkin_53 wrote:
Reider wrote:

:?
Gerry
Legend

Reider wrote:
PigSkin_53 wrote:
Reider wrote:
:?
Don't feel bad. Not many here can figure him out either.

And yes, Crandall is a very credible back up and would likely do well for the Riders. He's off the radar a bit because we don't see too much of him.

I like Pierce as the best backup in the league, but Crandall is a close second, IMO. LeFors and Williams might give Pierce and Crandall some competition in a year or two, and Brady has also been decent in Montreal.
Enough is enough.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Dan Russell wrote:Any of the other teams lose their starters they might as well forfeit their remaining games as they are done. No depth at QB in the league besides BC.
Hamilton actually improves with Williams replacing Printers :wink:
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Dan Russell
Legend

Reider wrote:

I wouldn't wish that on any team. :lol: