Keys To A Win In Regina!!

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

The weather in Regina is more unpredictable than a female!!
Hit the deck!!!! :shock:
wildthing
All Star

Lion Guy wrote:
The weather in Regina is more unpredictable than a female!!
Hit the deck!!!! :shock:
:whs:
dpoe
Starter

The Riders have been beset by even more injuries this week.
To take a page from Ridersfans, injuries don't make a difference. This POV was made clear after they beat the Lions the last time these two teams met. No excuses from them after they get whipped this weekend.
Blitz
Team Captain

Quote:

The Riders have been beset by even more injuries this week.

To take a page from Ridersfans, injuries don't make a difference. This POV was made clear after they beat the Lions the last time these two teams met. No excuses from them after they get whipped this weekend.
Didn't seem to be counted as a factor when the Riders beat our Leos at home last time. Rider fans didn't mention that Jarious only really had one practice before having to start his first CFL game or his first start in four seasons.

All our injuries were never mentioned as a factor in the Rider celebration of that win so I don't think Rider fans should be using injuries as a factor leading into this game! Fair is fair!!
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Blitz wrote: The weather in Regina is more unpredictable than a female!! :wink: However, should it get windy... Jarious strong arm is a bonus!!
The problem with the weather this year has been lightning! And IIRC, the Riders came out strong after both the 'interupted by lightning' games I watched.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Apparently Riders DB Eddie Davis is healthy now but can't return until after the Lions game due to still being on the 9 game injury list. Too bad as he is their best DB.
Rammer
Team Captain

DanoT wrote:Apparently Riders DB Eddie Davis is healthy now but can't return until after the Lions game due to still being on the 9 game injury list. Too bad as he is their best DB.
Dito Dante Marsh, even up. Now if we can find a way for the Riders to move themselves to play their third string QB, all will be fair.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Blitz
Team Captain

Dito Dante Marsh, even up. Now if we can find a way for the Riders to move themselves to play their third string QB, all will be fair.
:rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin:

Yeah....how about starting Darian Durant against Jarious to really make it even!! :thup:
The problem with the weather this year has been lightning! And IIRC, the Riders came out strong after both the 'interupted by lightning' games I watched
That's the only way Austin can light a fire under their butts these days...electrical storms!! :wink:
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I'd rather see the Lions play Kerry Joseph or Marcus Crandell. We know how that worked the last time the teams met in Regina. Even in the Rider victory at B.C. Place, it was B.C. turnovers that determined the outcome, not the play of Joseph.
LFITQ
Team Captain

Here's my key to a win in Regina....

Plus a bit of a statement to a few Rider fans and giving his re-signing the much needed hype it deserved. 8)
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

LFITQ wrote:Here's my key to a win in Regina....

Plus a bit of a statement to a few Rider fans and giving his re-signing the much needed hype it deserved. 8)
This would look nice in a current 9-page JC thread on Riderfans.
Blitz
Team Captain

Even in the Rider victory at B.C. Place, it was B.C. turnovers that determined the outcome, not the play of Joseph.
True B.C. Fan!! It's always exciting to see a battle for first place...with the two best teams in the league competing against each other!!
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

That should be turned into multiple posters that line every street corner, bus stop, bulletin board, library, farm and bathroom stall in the entire province of Saskatchewan!
Blitz
Team Captain

However, in a big game for first place we'll still have to throw the football successfully to win. If we can establish the running attack it will set up play action and make the passing game much more effective. If not, it could be a much tougher battle for our offence. The key, of course, is shutting down Fred Perry and Jason Jiminez, who will draw Perry the most and Rob Murphy will need to establish superiority over Perry and not allow him to get to the quarterback.

An article in the Vancouver Sun..titled "Perry the thrust of Lions Game Plan" also views Perry as an important key for our Leos to be successful today in Regina!!

Great players recognize great players. In the article Dave Dickenson points out in the article that he has "never said it was a dirty hit by Perry", noting that his concussions have all happened when the back of his head hit the turf and "that is probably what happened" when he was hit by Perry. Dickenson notes Perry is one of the best players in the league.

Perry also recognizes Rob Murphy, saying Murphy doesn't "cheap shot you" and "I think he's a great offensive player"

Some will be suspicious that these players are being careful to avoid bulletin board material before this big game. But great players always respect other great players and it's good to read!!
Rammer
Team Captain

Perry also recognizes Rob Murphy, saying Murphy doesn't "cheap shot you" and "I think he's a great offensive player"
Now I will ask on how Perry is using the term "offensive". 8) :lol:
Entertainment value = an all time low