Bob ackles book for free!

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Don Miller
Legend

:rockin: Great to see the Lions give back to the STHolders. Mr Braley is a class guy. I think one book per household is fair. The idea is to pass it on and tell everyone else to go out and buy it. I will still get one for my brother in law in Toronto for christmas. I am eagerly awaiting the mail in Chilliwack
Peanut Butter Joe/Willie Show
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Uh... bigger package? :roll: :lol:
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

so if there is two seats i only get one book?
2012 Season Ticket Holder
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:
JohnHenry wrote:If all 23,000 ST holders get a copy, this book will be on the Canadian best-sellers list for 6 months!
If you have one ST, you will get one book, if you have 6 ST, you will get one book, there won't be 23K in books given out. Just another situation where the ST who holds more, gets less.
You have think of the season's ticket holder as a client... and the Lions sent out one book per client, regardless of how much business that client does with the team. This was a special thank you to their clients, not a promotion like binder or lunch box night. So one book per client (season's ticket holder) is perfectly fair and smart business.

Now, you do raise a good point that the Lions marketing department may want to think about. That is should there be extra bonuses or incentives for season's ticket holders who buy more than 2 tickets? Perhaps a deeper discount for 4 or more season's tickets, or some additional swag would be a smart move from the Lions.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Dan_Payne_fan!! wrote:so if there is two seats i only get one book?
Correct -- at least that's how it went in my case.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

dang.......
AC/DC Rocks
Champion

Got my book today.
Thank you very much Mr. Braley! You are a class act and an awesome owner :roar:

Rick if you read this I'll still buy a book from you and give it as a present.
Bighill is Badass
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Got mine today too! With this library strike here in Vancouver this couldn't have come a better time.

The book came with a letter thanking season ticket holders. I know a lot of the 'you are part of this team too' rhetoric seems a bit over the top BUT it just seems geniune coming from Braley and the rest of the Lions organization (letters from Ackles seem to have the same tone).

:cr: I sure hope the kinds of things we endured when our Lions teetered on collapse are things all CFL cities don't have to live through again.
Rammer
Team Captain

Belize City Lion wrote:
Rammer wrote:
JohnHenry wrote:If all 23,000 ST holders get a copy, this book will be on the Canadian best-sellers list for 6 months!
If you have one ST, you will get one book, if you have 6 ST, you will get one book, there won't be 23K in books given out. Just another situation where the ST who holds more, gets less.
You have think of the season's ticket holder as a client... and the Lions sent out one book per client, regardless of how much business that client does with the team. This was a special thank you to their clients, not a promotion like binder or lunch box night. So one book per client (season's ticket holder) is perfectly fair and smart business.

Now, you do raise a good point that the Lions marketing department may want to think about. That is should there be extra bonuses or incentives for season's ticket holders who buy more than 2 tickets? Perhaps a deeper discount for 4 or more season's tickets, or some additional swag would be a smart move from the Lions.
I agree that I could look at it that way, however being the equal opportunists looking for value for my family, it doesn't serve me well to accept that answer. If you are a client that is spending 6 times what the other client next to you is, shouldn't you expect more in return? I would love to give one each for the 4 children to have down the road as a memory of the Lions as they became fans of the team......
Entertainment value = an all time low
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

Soundy wrote:Uh... bigger package? :roll: :lol:
well yeah, but the Lions are spending at least 25k on just sending out the books, so why would they make a bigger package, have to courier it (more money) etc. etc.

they're a business, yeah, but at the same time I didn't expect a book - one is perfectly fine and better than nothing.
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

got mine today as well. Thank you Mr Braley and Mr Ackles
your book is very enjoyable
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

I live on the Island so I am not a season ticket holder. Where do I get the book and how much does it cost?
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote: If you are a client that is spending 6 times what the other client next to you is, shouldn't you expect more in return? I would love to give one each for the 4 children to have down the road as a memory of the Lions as they became fans of the team......
Not to split hairs, but I think the the average season's ticket holder has at least a pair of tickets, so you are only spending, at most, 3 times more than those other "clients".

Yes, I agree that someone who supports the Lions with 6 season tickets should receive extra consideration, or additional graft, compared to the STH who only buys 2, but I don't think sending a pile of books to one address is the best way to reward these people.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

On the other side of the coin, we who buy seasons tickets don't do so for the free stuff we might get, we buy them for the right to attend the games and be entertained by them. Free stuff is great, but it is just that, free stuff. With a book in particular, I don't need three copies. I can read it pass, it on, put it on my bookshelf etc. If they want to give me 3 key chains or something like that, well ok. I can pass those along too if I can use only one. Maybe have a ratio of tickets to swag (one for every two tickets purchased) if they must. Just sayin.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Gerry
Legend

I got a book today as well. Awesome.

I've said it before. When I buy tickets (3 in my case), I expect 3 seats at each home game. Anything else is gravy, and in this case it's a very nice gravy, and I thank Mr. Braley for this gift.

And that is what it is...a gift. I did not buy tickets to get this book. I did not know that this book even existed when I bought my tickets. Therefore I have no right to expect one, two, or three books.

The book I got today is one that I would have bought in any case, but to have one with the Lions logo on the cover saying "Compliments of the BC Lions Football Club" is extra special, and I appreciate it.