Bob ackles book for free!

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

just got a package from David Braley saying because I'm a season ticket holder we get Bob Ackles book for free! And it was in there too! Sorry Rick - I was going to buy it from you but for free from the LIONS????? WOW!
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
Wally!
Starter

Same here - nice surprise in my mailbox this afternoon. Nice job Braley!!
lion24
Legend

I think it is awesome the Lions organization sent out theses books to STH's :thup: ,but I feel kind of bad for Rick at the same time :sigh:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
Zarquon
Champion

I was so thrilled to get home and have this waiting for me. I had just put this on my Amazon wish list.
Rammer
Team Captain

JohnHenry wrote:If all 23,000 ST holders get a copy, this book will be on the Canadian best-sellers list for 6 months!
If you have one ST, you will get one book, if you have 6 ST, you will get one book, there won't be 23K in books given out. Just another situation where the ST who holds more, gets less.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

Rammer wrote:
JohnHenry wrote:If all 23,000 ST holders get a copy, this book will be on the Canadian best-sellers list for 6 months!
If you have one ST, you will get one book, if you have 6 ST, you will get one book, there won't be 23K in books given out. Just another situation where the ST who holds more, gets less.
good point, but still why would a family that gets 6 St's (this isn't directed at anyone in particular) need 6 books? They'd only use 1 or 2 at most, and the Lions wouldn't want them to give the book to their friends, they'd want them to tell their friends to buy the book.

Rammer
Team Captain

Lions_Fan_4_Life wrote:
Rammer wrote:
good point, but still why would a family that gets 6 St's (this isn't directed at anyone in particular) need 6 books? They'd only use 1 or 2 at most, and the Lions wouldn't want them to give the book to their friends, they'd want them to tell their friends to buy the book.
I could give them away to family who are not ST holders, and perhaps save one or two for my children once I sign them. Since you are being rewarded for one ST, shouldn't I be with 6, or others with 4? What it does do, is suggest to me that I should separate each ST and assign each family member an account, creating more work for the Lions office staff......

I am not so worried about receiving the multiple books, it just comes down to the root of many of these types of promotions, calendars, two for one coupons, and such.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Gerry
Legend

I know what you're saying, Rammer, but in the end, I disagree.

As a ST I expect to get what I pay for. I buy a seat. I get a seat. I buy two seats. I get two seats.

Beyond that, if I get a calendar, or a fridge magnet, or a bumper sticker, that is gravy. A book from Ackles that I was planning to buy this weekend on top of that?

Bonus!! :shock: :thup: :beer: :roar:

BTW, I haven't gotten anything in the mail, and I will still likely buy the book this weekend because I want to read it.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I hope the mail delivery arrives in Langley by Christmas.
sports & stuff----ric
Champion

i hope lots of you bring your FREE book out to have him sign it on the 7th and show mr. ackles how much we appreciate what hes done for the lions!
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

Don't worry, Rick, I'm still planning to buy my book from you on the 7th.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Lions_Fan_4_Life wrote:
Rammer wrote:
You assume "groups" of tickets are all within families.

I got my ticket from a friend who bought three seats from someone else who was giving them up. This friend's name is on all three tickets, yet he only uses one seat for himself - I have one, and two other friends split the third. So there would be plenty of use for three tickets = three books in this case. As it is, only two of the four of us got Orange Cards and various other swag...
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

Soundy wrote:
Lions_Fan_4_Life wrote:
Rammer wrote:
You assume "groups" of tickets are all within families.

I got my ticket from a friend who bought three seats from someone else who was giving them up. This friend's name is on all three tickets, yet he only uses one seat for himself - I have one, and two other friends split the third. So there would be plenty of use for three tickets = three books in this case. As it is, only two of the four of us got Orange Cards and various other swag...
I was using families as an example. But how could you possibly fit four books in one package when they're hardcover?