Reasoning for blackout

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Ryan
All Star

My mother, who was looking after our little one while we were at the game, was able to watch the game on CBC here in Delta on Bell Express Vu Hi-Def. Perhaps it was the cable provider?
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Ryan wrote:My mother, who was looking after our little one while we were at the game, was able to watch the game on CBC here in Delta on Bell Express Vu Hi-Def. Perhaps it was the cable provider?
We just have plain old digital cable. Satellites are less than useless here, and we don't have the luxury of affording an HD TV or services yet. I have several queries out to the CBC, Shaw and the Lions, in the vain hope that I can get a straight answer from somebody.
Real women wear orange!!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

CBC is a joke when it comes to sports. I can't wait for TSN to take over the broadcasting of all CFL games.
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

I sincerely hope that the various hosts on Team 1040 rip CBC a new one just as they did when we missed the end of the game in Regina a few weeks ago. Here's hoping. :cr:
Mane
prospect

We just have plain old digital cable. Satellites are less than useless here, and we don't have the luxury of affording an HD TV or services yet. I have several queries out to the CBC, Shaw and the Lions, in the vain hope that I can get a straight answer from somebody.
I have written to all of the above and am yet to hear a word back from any of them. Shaw cable told me that CBC informed them at the last minute to pull the plug. As I said earlier I attend a few games a year and am a huge Lions fan. If I lived anywhere near the 56K limit and could drive I would be a season ticket holder. But to put in a 14 hour shift to come over from the island for a game on a regular basis is aksking too much. It would be nice to get an apology from at least one of the conspirators on this one. :x
120dB
Legend

I was in 100 Mile House on Saturday and received the off air feed from CFJC tv Kamloops (channel 7 locally) via a repeater in 100 Mile House. Kamloops is outside the blackout zone. Is CFJC tv not a CBC affiliate? Or did they change affiliates? I could swear I've seen HNIC games on CFJC but mabey they disaffiliated with CBC?
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Mane wrote:
I have written to all of the above and am yet to hear a word back from any of them. Shaw cable told me that CBC informed them at the last minute to pull the plug. As I said earlier I attend a few games a year and am a huge Lions fan. If I lived anywhere near the 56K limit and could drive I would be a season ticket holder. But to put in a 14 hour shift to come over from the island for a game on a regular basis is aksking too much. It would be nice to get an apology from at least one of the conspirators on this one. :x
I haven't heard from anyone either, and I'm not holding my breath. I don't think that we're a significant enough market for the CFL or the Lions to concern themselves with. I'm just eternally grateful that A) We'll only miss out on one more game, B) CBC is losing their rights after this season, and C) We have one friend that will make us a copy if need be. Small mercies, but I'll take them where I can.
Real women wear orange!!