Does this p*ss anyone else off?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Lionut
Hall of Famer

Well, David, my dad dropped the Canucks like three day old fish as well. The day after they were knocked out, he was e-mailing me, looking for BC Lions wallpaper to put up on his computer screen. He said that looking at the Canucks wallpaper he had was making him depressed. :lol:
"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever."
LFITQ
Team Captain

Lionut wrote:Well, David, my dad dropped the Canucks like three day old fish as well. The day after they were knocked out, he was e-mailing me, looking for BC Lions wallpaper to put up on his computer screen. He said that looking at the Canucks wallpaper he had was making him depressed. :lol:
This sounds like a job for OS99!!! (I don't have time right now but I know OS99 has NOTHING but time....) 8)
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Lionut
Hall of Famer

Well, it was wallpaper from Brian's Canuck site that was making him depressed to begin with! :lol: I fixed my dad up temporarily with some of the surprisingly decent stuff from the Lions site until such time as you guys work your magic for '07 here...
"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever."
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Tell him it's not Lions time yet... meantime there are some nice interim wallpapers here: http://vancouvergiants.com/desktop.html
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Jim Mullin
Team Captain

There are times when I've hosted SportsTalk where I've begged callers to talk Lions/CFL and have received ZERO response.

The same goes for other sports.

I can also make the most inane take on the Canucks and get a reaction.

That's the way the market is here, and it's an uphill battle to try otherwise.
Krown Countdown U on CHCH TV and the TSN Radio Network.
CB123
Legend

Tell him it's not Lions time yet...
I agree, lets focus on the Team thats actually playing right now... The Giants!
BC Lions - 2006 Grey Cup Champions!
USC Trojans - 2007 Rose Bowl Champions!
Team Canada - 2007 World Junior Hockey Champions!
Vancouver Giants - 2007 Memorial Cup Champions!
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

What about the Gnats? Aren't they still playing? Go Gnats Go!!
stansz
Champion

ir eally have no problem...
i mean the big 4, NHL NBA NFL MLB is top tier sports

wat does piss me off is those dam american cities that do not deserve an NHL team
pumped!!!
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

stansz wrote:ir eally have no problem...

wat does piss me off is those dam american cities that do not deserve an NHL team
I wouldn't put the NHL in the category of "Top Tier" in the US. NASCAR is actually bigger than all of those, and US College bigger than NASCAR. Add to that the fact that the NHL has no TV contract with a major US Network as all the others you cited do, and it's pretty obvious why the NHL is in some small markets the way it currently is.

It's strictly second rate as far as the US sports fan sees it.
LFITQ
Team Captain

Solar Max wrote: Add to that the fact that the NHL has no TV contract with a major US Network as all the others you cited do, and it's pretty obvious why the NHL is in some small markets the way it currently is.
Is NBC not a major network? I coulda sworn I saw Pierre McGuire doing colour on NBC.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

NBC does playoffs only. Does FOX ONLY do the NFL playoffs, or is the NFL regular season on Outdoor Life as the NHL's is?
lion24
Legend

Solar Max wrote:
stansz wrote:ir eally have no problem...

I wouldn't put the NHL in the category of "Top Tier" in the US. NASCAR is actually bigger than all of those, and US College bigger than NASCAR. Add to that the fact that the NHL has no TV contract with a major US Network as all the others you cited do, and it's pretty obvious why the NHL is in some small markets the way it currently is.

It's strictly second rate as far as the US sports fan sees it.
:whs: like i said in an earlier post Bass Fishing, Nascar, truck and tractor pull and of course everyone's favorite :Tiddlywinks are ahead of NHL in the states.
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
LFITQ
Team Captain

Solar Max wrote:NBC does playoffs only.
Now I have to admit I'm not an expert on this as I very rarely watch (ok I never have) NHL hockey in the afternoon which is when NBC shows their games. And I usually only watch the Canucks which rarely are found on NBC.

Second to that, the NBC site really really sucks as it exceedingly slow and very painful to muddle through so I can't find (as my patience gave out with the stupid site) any information to counter-point your counter-point :lol: .

But I did find this little tidbit that seems to say that NBC does broadcast games during the regular season:
NEW YORK -- More puck is on the way.

The NHL on NBC will continue into the playoffs after the final regular season telecast on April 8.
I believe NBC carries the NHL much like CBC used to carry the CFL - after a certain point (ie Labour Day for CBC/CFL) they start to carry the games.

That having been said, I think hockey received far better appreciation on Fox; even with the "blue puck" episode. Apparently Versus has been doing quite well in the ratings with it's coverage of the NHL both on the radio and on TV.

Add to that many of the teams have their own deals with their local TV companies (of which there are a dime a dozen), the "city-specific" nature of the NHL doesn't bode well to a national audience.

In direct comparison, Nascar is more like an "event" where there is really only one race per week and only in one location, thus it has a better "national" audience. Even watching the NFL, you will see many stations cover multiple games and rarely will games receive full national coverage in the way an "event" sport like Nascar will.

However, going back to your original point, based on numbers NAscar has to be considered a top tier sport. Now whether it is a "sport" in the sense the others are can be a topic of debate - best left for the All Sports forum (or should that be the Pub cause it's not really a "sport" 8) ). :lol: :lol:
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Ask Rammer about NASCAR. My opinion regarding Motor Vehicles is not for public consumption.
:wink:
lion24
Legend

Solar Max wrote:Ask Rammer about NASCAR. My opinion regarding Motor Vehicles is not for public consumption.
:wink:
keep turning the wheel left and fall asleep :wink: :wink:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP