How the once mighty have fallen

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Both the Eskimoes and the Oilers missing the playoffs in the same year. How the once mighty have fallen in the City of Champions.
lion24
Legend

TheLionKing wrote:Both the Eskimoes and the Oilers missing the playoffs in the same year. How the once mighty have fallen in the City of Champions.
these are the times when it is fun being a lions fan in edmonton; not that anyone should feel sorry for the oilers and eskimos as they have won more stanley cups and grey cups than many cities and they should go through their 40 year drought now; i think and hope :twisted: :twisted:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
Rammer
Team Captain

From SC finals to out of the picture, and GC Champions to out of the playoffs is an amazing accomplishment in the wrong direction. No feeling sorry for a dity that has had more than its fair share of playoff time in either league. :beer:
Entertainment value = an all time low
prairielion
Starter

I admit, although not being a big hockey fan, that I did enjoy seeing the Oilers go to the finals last year. But the Eskimos missing the playoffs is a different story. I think a forty year drought sounds sweet to watch.
Now, if only the Esks and Riders could both miss each year. That would be purrfect. :thup:
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Slight aside: now with Carolina on the outside looking in, it's the first time in NHL history that BOTH Cup finalists have missed the playoffs the following year.
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Soundy wrote:Slight aside: now with Carolina on the outside looking in, it's the first time in NHL history that BOTH Cup finalists have missed the playoffs the following year.
I was shocked at that fact. The NFL has a history of the losing Superbowl team struggling the next year. Perhaps these salary caps really do have an impact in this area. I was just as surprised to see Sakic probably miss the playoffs too but the upside on his team looks good.