eskimos actually adhering to cap?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

Shi Zi Mi wrote:These SMS/Cap discussions make me laugh.............no one, repeat no one, has any FACTS to back up any points that they are trying to make.

There is no way to ferret out ALL side deals.....all the media speculation of who was paid what and which teams "offended" and by how much is purely guess work on their part. There's no way to even guage/measure how much "hiding" teams did.

Generalities, like all teams offended are pretty safe bets, as teams had to do what they could to compete with other teams who were offending.

But "reported" numbers by the media........purely guess work/speculation.
Which is bascially the jist of my point. The finger pointing that goes on is hilarious. Bunch of fans that apparently have access to every teams CFL books. It's all heresay and speculation unti the hard numbers are shown, and quite frankly some teams and their fans use it as an excuse for their own futility.
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
Rammer
Team Captain

Just to carry on with this line, there were penalties enforced early on in the original Cap of draft picks being withdrawn from the offending team. One reason that the league got away from that, was due to teams circumventing salaries with side deals, they only did this in order to comply with the Cap.

Teh problem with the CFL on any salary Cap is that they do not do anything openly, everything published is given in confidence and we the fans have to accept those tidbits as being accurate. Disclosure on all salaries will only benefit the league IMHO, but I won't hold my breath for that to happen. Just like the league has already stated that the current penalties for the SMS won't be publicized, just the teams names that went over will be noted.
Entertainment value = an all time low
LFITQ
Team Captain

RAMMER!!!

How dare you break the chain??

You should have continued the quote. I was seeing just how long we could get the quote section to be..... :lol:

Just for that I am not responding to your "drivel" :yes: anymore in this thread. 8) 8)
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??