That Wally. He's a cagey one.

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Apparently Buono has given Hamilton permission to talk to both McKay-Loescher and Thelwell in advance of the Feb.15 free agent deadline. Sneaky. Give 'em a crack to land a new deal with an East Division team before their West Division rivals can get a crack.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I wonder whether Buono extracted "future consideration" for that act of kindness.
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:I wonder whether Buono extracted "future consideration" for that act of kindness.
Doubt it.......what would you give up to talk to a player who you will be free in a week.

Wally B wants them out of the west.
Lloyd
Rammer
Team Captain

Shi Zi Mi wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:I wonder whether Buono extracted "future consideration" for that act of kindness.
Doubt it.......what would you give up to talk to a player who you will be free in a week.

Wally B wants them out of the west.
That is Wally's futures, sing them please.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Bosco
Team Captain

McKay- Loescher only wants to play for Hamilton or Toronto (due to family reasons), while rumours of Thelwell to Hamilton have been around for the past few weeks.
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

Bosco wrote:McKay- Loescher only wants to play for Hamilton or Toronto (due to family reasons), while rumours of Thelwell to Hamilton have been around for the past few weeks.
But there's no use in taking any chances........after Feb 15th, Buono has no control of the situation........at least now he can give Hamilton an edge.
Lloyd
SammyGreene
Team Captain

According to Neil Mcrae on CKNW's 8:15 sportscast this morning... the Lions having given the Ti-Cats permission to talk to soon-to-be free agent Geroy Simon. :lol:

Sadly....many of the casual fans that were listening are probably now wondering WTF is going on.
Lionut
Hall of Famer

SammyGreene wrote:According to Neil Mcrae on CKNW's 8:15 sportscast this morning... the Lions having given the Ti-Cats permission to talk to soon-to-be free agent Geroy Simon. :lol:

Sadly....many of the casual fans that were listening are probably now wondering WTF is going on.
You mean Kneel screwed up some key components of a story? No way! Not McRae! He's the best sportscaster in the city - just ask him! He's so good, in fact, that he doesn't even have to go to the games to see them for himself... :roll:
"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever."
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

Lionut wrote:
SammyGreene wrote:According to Neil Mcrae on CKNW's 8:15 sportscast this morning... the Lions having given the Ti-Cats permission to talk to soon-to-be free agent Geroy Simon. :lol:

You mean Kneel screwed up some key components of a story? No way! Not McRae! He's the best sportscaster in the city - just ask him! He's so good, in fact, that he doesn't even have to go to the games to see them for himself... :roll:
Oh man. Don't get me going. His schtick is so tired.....
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

April Fool early this year ? :lol:
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

For Mcrae, April Fool is not but one day of the year, it lasts the whole 365!
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Getting back on topic, according to Mike Beamish today, Thelwell has spoken to the Ticats and two other teams. I wonder if any western teams are in the mix.
Rammer
Team Captain

B.C.FAN wrote:Getting back on topic, according to Mike Beamish today, Thelwell has spoken to the Ticats and two other teams. I wonder if any western teams are in the mix.
Edmonton has to be in the mix, given that Chapdelaine is there. TO also has his old regime of Rita and Mohn's, so that is a given as well, I think. At any rate that is the two additional teams that came to mind when I read that.
Entertainment value = an all time low