Riders / Hamilton do a trade:

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

squishy35
Legend

To the Riders:
Wayne Smith OL, D.J. Flick and a 2nd rounder in 07

To Ticats
Rocky Butler, 2nd and 5th rounders in 07

Yikes....
squishy35
Legend

squishy35
Legend

I would suppose that Hamilton may well focus their attention to Thelwell in the FA market.
squishy35
Legend

Anyone......?
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

what?
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

Bueller?
2012 Season Ticket Holder
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Tillman is already making his mark in Regina. Good deal for the Rider IMO
Rammer
Team Captain

That trade is deep enough to protect the GM's on anyone actually winning that trade unless one of the draft picks becomes similar to a lottery winner. Flick isn't any good IMHO, and I am not sure on Smith as an OL. But Butler wasn't going to get any playing time in Regina, so no real harm done on that side of the ledger. It does however further limit the Lions from dealing JJ, and maybe that is for the best.
Entertainment value = an all time low
MacNews
Team Captain

I would take Flick over Butler, IMO. It seems like Sask. got the slight edge in this one.
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

MacNews wrote:I would take Flick over Butler, IMO. It seems like Sask. got the slight edge in this one.
Slight??

Smith was the 1st overall pick in the draft a few years ago......a young NI olineman capable of starting in his rookie year, just coming into his own..........for a 30 year old, unproven QB past his best before date? :shock:

How do you say "hosed" in french? ET bent Marcel over the table on this one !!
Lloyd
strait8
Starter

This trade shows that Hamilton wants to go for a two QB system similar to Dickenson/Pierce. Maas was both unhealthy and ineffective last year. Coaches may have decided he is better off the bench (as in Edmonton).

As far as the trade they must have believed in him. Shaw is a #1 choice who will make RR's line even stronger. Flick may have been expedable in Hamilton but to me is a quality tough receiver with good speed.
The 3rd draft choice was a throw in for switching seconds. ET must have his eye on someone or will use it as trade bait

This is a good trade for Regina, unless Butler makes significant impact in Hamilton
Willie Fleming is the Best Lion ever!!
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

strait8 wrote:This trade shows that Hamilton wants to go for a two QB system similar to Dickenson/Pierce. Maas was both unhealthy and ineffective last year. Coaches may have decided he is better off the bench (as in Edmonton).

As far as the trade they must have believed in him. Shaw is a #1 choice who will make RR's line even stronger. Flick may have been expedable in Hamilton but to me is a quality tough receiver with good speed.
The 3rd draft choice was a throw in for switching seconds. ET must have his eye on someone or will use it as trade bait

This is a good trade for Regina, unless Butler makes significant impact in Hamilton
Possibly, Smith might be the apple that Tillman dangles in front of Wally for LION82.
Lloyd