James Cotton

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

squishy35
Legend

With Wilson departing and consequently Cotton becoming available via being cut by Hamilton, does he fit the bill to potentially be signed by Wally and Co.?

He's a decent player; and with the rumors of McKay-Loescher possibly wanting to go back to his home province of Ontario, it might be prudent to have him in TC this spring.
maddeep73
Champion

With Wilson departing and consequently Cotton becoming available via being cut by Hamilton, does he fit the bill to potentially be signed by Wally and Co.?
I like Cotton and think he's probably a good veteren fit. However, Wally's m.o. is to bring in young, relatively unknown D-linemen to compete for a spot.
Keepin' it real
LFITQ
Team Captain

Not to mention Cotton has had diminishing returns as of late AND he had a serious injury at the end of last season.

There might be more to it than just a purge of salary room. Let's face it, the Ticats didn't exactly have a stupendous D last year, if he gets cut from there, shouldn't that be a warning sign?
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Ravi
Legend

Is McKay-Loescher a free agent? If so, I would love to see the Argos sign him.
Rammer
Team Captain

Ravi wrote:Is McKay-Loescher a free agent? If so, I would love to see the Argos sign him.
Not yet, but he could become a FA as of Feb 15th. TO is on the short list from what we hear, if you haven't heard anything, then Hamilton may have the edge....
Entertainment value = an all time low
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

I'd bring Cotton in for a look see at TC if he is available. Doesn't stop Wally from bringing in the younger competition. I wouldn't be surprised however if there aren't already a couple of possible ideas about how to fill the whole already. Plugging up weak spots is where Wally lives!
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Rammer
Team Captain

Sir Purrcival wrote:I'd bring Cotton in for a look see at TC if he is available. Doesn't stop Wally from bringing in the younger competition. I wouldn't be surprised however if there aren't already a couple of possible ideas about how to fill the whole already. Plugging up weak spots is where Wally lives!
Lion TC have been very deep the past two seasons, with players that could well make other clubs being dropped. I expect to see the same next season, as Obie has done a stellar job of bringing in talent, a very unexpected surprise to this Lions fan.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Ravi wrote:Is McKay-Loescher a free agent? If so, I would love to see the Argos sign him.
I think you're going to get lucky. He's a good one. Health is more the issue, though.
Rammer
Team Captain

cromartie wrote:
I think you're going to get lucky. He's a good one. Health is more the issue, though.
With the Lions supplying the Argos with their NI DL in the recent past (Cantor), I am not all that happy with this move. He is good when he is healthy, and for the most part that is more his responsibility to get his back worked on during the week of prep. About every 3 or 4 games his back flares up on him.
MacNews
Team Captain

Guys, what happened to Wilson?
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

You mean Chris Wilson ? He signed as a free agent with the Washington Redskins.
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

He signed with Washington. So did Chip Cox from Mtl.