Good article about Amariah Farrow

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Ravi
Legend

http://www.clantonadvertiser.com/articl ... sports.txt

I like what he says about how rabid CFL fans are.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

That was a funny article. I hope Rob Murphy doesn't see it. I guess calling Farrow the starting left tackle of the Grey Cup champions sounds better than two-year practice roster player. :lol:
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Good read. Thanks for the link.
Rammer
Team Captain

Well having the god given size doesn't hurt his chances, 6'6" and 315lbs isn't your average athletes size. Farrow did well in his start of the season, against a very tough front 7 of the Bombers, something that makes the potential of Murphy not returning less critical than it would otherwise be.
Entertainment value = an all time low
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

I consider myself a pretty rabid fan, and to be honest I wouldn't recognize Farrow if I walked by him on the street. Seems that comment was a little embellished, as was the starting tackle comment.

:lol:
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

I don't think you can blame the player for the starting left tackle comment. Ask anyone who is interviewed by a reporter and then have this kind of story done on them, they will tell you that they didn't say half of what the article says they did.

I don't think I'd have trouble recognizing Farrow who the story says is 6?6?, 315-pounds anywhere on the streets of Vancouver.
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

I meant I wouldn't recognize his face. The guy said he can't walk around in Vancouver without being stopped...I find that a little far stretched for backup O-lineman in a hockey crazed city...

I attend training camp and the occasional practices and I can't picture his face.

I would say you're one of a few that would.
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
Rammer
Team Captain

OrangeShoes99 wrote:I meant I wouldn't recognize his face. The guy said he can't walk around in Vancouver without being stopped...I find that a little far stretched for backup O-lineman in a hockey crazed city...

I attend training camp and the occasional practices and I can't picture his face.

Agreed on recognizing Farrow is unlikely, but he may have his Lions gear on in order to hlep that out a little. Like Toppy suggests, this story is pumped up in order to bring more celebration to a local athlete. Not a bad idea given the wholesome approach the basis of the story revolves around, being family and God helping him endure the troubles along the way.
Entertainment value = an all time low
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:
OrangeShoes99 wrote:I meant I wouldn't recognize his face. The guy said he can't walk around in Vancouver without being stopped...I find that a little far stretched for backup O-lineman in a hockey crazed city...

Agreed on recognizing Farrow is unlikely, but he may have his Lions gear on in order to hlep that out a little. Like Toppy suggests, this story is pumped up in order to bring more celebration to a local athlete. Not a bad idea given the wholesome approach the basis of the story revolves around, being family and God helping him endure the troubles along the way.
Oh I agree...what he said may have been embellished and taken out of context.
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Typical overhyped "local boy makes good" story from a small town paper.

Down here the local media has been known to refer to Milt Palacio (the US born son of Belizean parents who spent 7 seasons as a back up guard for Vancouver, Boston, Toronto, Phoenix, & Utah) as an "NBA superstar".

My only issue with the story journalistically is that the comment about being recognized and signing autographs is attributed as a quote. I find it hard to believe those were Farrow's exact words. I suspect the quote given was more like "I'm 6'6", 315lbs. When I walk down the street people often ask me if I play football. When I say 'yes I play for the Lions' they then ask me for my autograph".
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

OrangeShoes99 wrote: Oh I agree...what he said may have been embellished and taken out of context.
I would say alot of Vancouverites will have trouble recognizing Danny Sabourin on the streets if it wasn't for the burns on the back of his neck. :wink:
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I'll concede that Farrow is one of the most recognizable Lions, even if people don't know his name. How many guys walking the streets of Vancouver are 6'6, 315 pounds with Dante Marsh-style dreadlocks?