Introduce yourselves

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Seriously though Brian... sometimes I feel left out of the loop here...
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
Lady_Buck

Hey y'all...
Just thought I would say a lil blurb about me seeing that I am new here...
First...
I gotta thank CatsEye for telling me about this place...

Anyhow...
I am from Riderville country...
Fan of BC...
Old enough to know better but still crazy enough to do it...
What else??
I work a few jobs... full time parent... and full time university....
Did I leave anything out??

:roar:
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Lady_Buck wrote:Hey y'all...
Just thought I would say a lil blurb about me seeing that I am new here...
First...
I gotta thank CatsEye for telling me about this place...

Anyhow...
I am from Riderville country...
Fan of BC...
Old enough to know better but still crazy enough to do it...
What else??
I work a few jobs... full time parent... and full time university....
Did I leave anything out??

:roar:
Yes, you left out what your favourite job is! :twisted:
Real women wear orange!!
pinkfreud

Lady_Buck wrote:I work a few jobs... full time parent... and full time university....
Oh my! It's ladies like you that give me no reason to whine when I have a paper due for my piddly one course/term. Hats off!
Lady_Buck

pinkfreud wrote: Oh my! It's ladies like you that give me no reason to whine when I have a paper due for my piddly one course/term. Hats off!
Thank ya!!!

CatsEyes...
Ohhh ya mean the security job at the CFL games here huh??
Yeah...
That's my fave and most casual job I do
LOL
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

pinkfreud wrote:
Lady_Buck wrote:I work a few jobs... full time parent... and full time university....
Oh my! It's ladies like you that give me no reason to whine when I have a paper due for my piddly one course/term. Hats off!
I know, PF-she just blows me away-AND she left out a job too! (see above post). Deanna rocks!! :rockin: :rockin: Oh and.....she's a NASCAR lovin' bubba like me! Oh yeah! We everywhere! Y'all....... :wink:
Real women wear orange!!
Lady_Buck

LOL
Yup..
We be everywhere
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

PigSkin_53 wrote:Seriously though Brian... sometimes I feel left out of the loop here...
oh yeah i know what u mean
2012 Season Ticket Holder
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

PigSkin_53 wrote:Seriously though Brian... sometimes I feel left out of the loop here...
OK....I'll put you in the loop. A while back, another poster was poking fun at SM and myself for choosing to live on Vancouver Island. They implied that we chose to live here because we couldn't afford to live on the Lower Mainland. We had fun with that, exaggerating how backwards we were here in the "colonies". We were so different over here on the island that we purportedly drank fish juice instead of coffee, and traded for fish juice out of the backs of our covered wagons, while waiting for the steamship to bring us over to the mainland to visit all our rich cousins. A few here on the board have had some fun with that story. See? Nothing weird. Nothing sinister. Just a few people with different views and a "different" sense of humour! :lol: Now you have......the rest of the story.
Real women wear orange!!
pinkfreud

This was the original fish juice post I believe (from the Dickenson Bear thread):
Solar Max wrote:
pinkfreud wrote:
maddeep73 wrote:Wonder what its arm strength is like? Field vision is undoubtedly poor.
...so sarcastic, yet so humorous.... :lol:

Ahh, we Vancouverites are getting way too full of ourselves with our trendy little coffee shops and big city ways (not you maddeep, just in general). I think the bears are a whimsical relief. However, I would like to see one created in the likeness of Marc Emery, with a big fat one hanging out of his mouth...just for fun (and sponsored by the marijuana party of course).

:lol:
Here on the Island, we are not as technologically advanced as you mainlanders are. Because of the difficult life here, we have become more hardy than you softies. Witness:

1) We do not have Coffee. We drink hot fish juice in the morning.

2) "Starbucks" is when you trade a sea urchin for some fish juice.

3) Bears are household pets.

4) We have no "shops". We trade beaver pelts for fish juice on the wooden sidewalks.

5) We all have a big fat one..at least some of us do.

6) Whimsical relief happens when the Buckboard full of little old Oak Bay ladies "accidently' unhitches from the Clydesdales and careens down Belmont Hill...what a HOOT!

Life is tough here in the Colonies. So please send more fish juice.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Thanks for the research, PF! :wink: I knew it was in there, but too tired to look for it! Scaling fish all night will do that to a person!
Real women wear orange!!
bc49
Hall of Famer

CatsEyes wrote:A while back, another poster was poking fun at SM and myself for choosing to live on Vancouver Island.
That is a damn fine place to live and I think this poking fun person should be identified. The Island's only got one decent football team in the BCFC but still a damn fine place to live.
And even though us island folks past and present *beeotch* about the ferry service it's that 30km of Strait that makes the Island what it is.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Thomas, check your PM. 8)
Real women wear orange!!
lion24
Legend

:shock: :thup: hello lion people, just another lion fan trapped in esky territory(enjoying rubbing it in this year) Taking up the responsibility of being one of the few leo fans at commenwealth(or the edmonton public library) over the last 10-15 yrs. go leos!!!!!!
grainbuyer
prospect

A big hello to every one who roars for the CFL. :roar: As a RIDER FAN I usually end up cheering for you guys :beer: in the playoffs. Here,s hoping the head banging :bang: stops in Sask and we beat you guys and end up in Winnipeg :shock: . If not I hope MACCALLUM kicks your butts all the way to the BIG SHOW :beer
Lancaster---Austin---Joseph???