lulay

From time to time there are some threads worthy of keeping .... they go in here .. as do past Felion Prowl Photo Shoots :)

Moderator: Team Captains

steveco
prospect

could this be lulays last game?
steveco
prospect

i've seen this too many times in this lions club where if it wasn't for the back up quarterback the lions would not have made the playoffs and when they do make the playoffs they put in a damaged goods washed up quarterback which is what lulay is. jonathon jennings had definitely won the right to be the starter today.
Honour Dewalt
Champion

I was assuming this whole time that Jennings was just being kept healthy for the playoffs. Am I wrong?
Qman
Champion

Lulay can move the ball between the 30s. But his red zone efficiency is HORRIBLE. He is the king of 3s.

I don't really care if we sign him as the back up of not ... as long as wally signs a very capable backup to jennings.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I hope Lulay is back next season.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

What we saw the other night was a backup team vs a backup team. Unfortunately, our backup team wasn't really in the game, period, as two fg's and a single can pretty well attest. Could Lulay be a backup? Maybe but one thing is pretty clear, he needs an outstanding group of receivers to make him look good these days. I certainly don't see a lot teams clambering to sign him as a starter in the off season so his options are likely to be very limited. I think the Lions offer him a contract commensurate with BU status but he may just decide to hang them up as opposed to go to another team or be a backup. Ottawa might be interested in him. They have a thing for older QB's and I think they have the best receiver squad overall. There seems to be a pretty big drop off after Burris on that team so would Lulay give them a hard look if they came knocking. I think he might especially since they have performed so well this year and are at least a reasonable shot of going to the dance next season.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

Honour Dewalt wrote:I was assuming this whole time that Jennings was just being kept healthy for the playoffs. Am I wrong?
You are correct I believe. The other aspect was to give Lulay some game activity in case he is needed in the playoffs due to injury etc.

Having Lulay start was in no way indictative of Jennings's performance or long term future.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Sir Purrcival wrote:What we saw the other night was a backup team vs a backup team. Unfortunately, our backup team wasn't really in the game, period, as two fg's and a single can pretty well attest. Could Lulay be a backup? Maybe but one thing is pretty clear, he needs an outstanding group of receivers to make him look good these days. I certainly don't see a lot teams clambering to sign him as a starter in the off season so his options are likely to be very limited. I think the Lions offer him a contract commensurate with BU status but he may just decide to hang them up as opposed to go to another team or be a backup. Ottawa might be interested in him. They have a thing for older QB's and I think they have the best receiver squad overall. There seems to be a pretty big drop off after Burris on that team so would Lulay give them a hard look if they came knocking. I think he might especially since they have performed so well this year and are at least a reasonable shot of going to the dance next season.
Good post, Sir P.

Interesting.

Lulay might not be finished as a QB. Tricky decision for Wally.

I wish the best for Travis Lulay. MOP. GC MVP. 2011 GC Champs. All time Lion. All time character guy. :thup:
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.