'This is OUR League' video

From time to time there are some threads worthy of keeping .... they go in here .. as do past Felion Prowl Photo Shoots :)

Moderator: Team Captains

smphantom
Legend

Superb video :thup:

Great choice of song - Always by Neverending White Lights. This is one that always gets cranked up a notch on my Ipod when I am in the gym.

Anyone see Wally as a player throwing the snowball?
Stay thirsty my friends.
Zarquon
Champion

smphantom wrote:Superb video :thup:

Great choice of song - Always by Neverending White Lights. This is one that always gets cranked up a notch on my Ipod when I am in the gym.

Anyone see Wally as a player throwing the snowball?
Really I didn't realize that, way to cool.

The more I see this video the more I would love to see a Lions' only version, with "This is our team"
Meus occupatio est ut calcitro vestri clunis.
Zarquon
Champion

jcalhoun wrote:Hey all,

Really good stuff. It has been watched 1400 times on Youtube since yesterday evening, which is really good. Be sure to send it to all of your friends...if this becomes an online sensation the CFL is likely do produce more ads/videos along these lines, something I think we'd all like to see.

I have to echo Zarquon --I'd really like to see team specific versions that would air during away games (ie, when the Lions play away, we're watching it on TSN, etc). And I'd like to add I hope this is just the first act in a season-long movement to celebrate our league.

Cheers,

James
Really I'm disappointed as half of those were probably me. 8)
Meus occupatio est ut calcitro vestri clunis.
MacNews
Team Captain

That was phenomenal, though I thought they'd use more 1994 GC imagery.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Given that many people think this player is the most frustrating, then perhaps at 3:44-3:45 is a pretty bad scene.

For me, actually I wouldn't mind seeing a clip of the 1995 Grey Cup.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Robbie wrote:For me, actually I wouldn't mind seeing a clip of the 1995 Grey Cup.
Including a clip from the only Grey Cup game won by a US-based team into a promotional video for a Canadian league would be rather self-defeating. :thdn:
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Hutch85
All Star

LOVE IT! Thanks for the post, Kim! :beer:
airkore
Rookie

A great video that made me want to stop buying any Rogers products. NFL OUT !!
Section 16
Level 2
Row D
Greatest Lions reciever of all time Mervyn Fernandez
David
Team Captain

airkore wrote:A great video that made me want to stop buying any Rogers products. NFL OUT !!
No kidding. As if enough people weren't totally turned off Ted Rogers for his determined effort to land an NFL team for Toronto, his company has managed to alienate even more Canadians. His corporate greed knows no bounds.

read this!

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

David wrote:
airkore wrote:A great video that made me want to stop buying any Rogers products. NFL OUT !!
No kidding. As if enough people weren't totally turned off Ted Rogers for his determined effort to land an NFL team for Toronto, his company has managed to alienate even more Canadians. His corporate greed knows no bounds.

read this!

DH 8)
I guess Rogers subscribe to the theory that bigger must be better. :no:
LFITQ
Team Captain

In announcing the rules of the current auction of cellphone airwaves, the federal government in November ruled the Canadian wireless market was uncompetitive, resulting in high prices and poor services for consumers. The government reserved airwaves for new entrants, who are expected to build networks after the auction concludes some time in the next few weeks.
So open up the border and end the protectionism that Rogers doesn't want Campbell's CFL bill to create. My thoughts are if the government wants to really help the CFL, let more companies in and end the protectionist ideals that cable/telephone companies have enjoyed to this point. Make Rogers have to fight for his business life and he won't have time to worry about the Bills (nor would he have the financial wherewithall IMHO).

I know I have spoken to my Conservative MP about this at length.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Excellent video. A tad over the top, but in the most beautiful way. It gave me goose bumps, or as we call it here "cold seed".
runningback
prospect

I think it's great!!!
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

They played the full version (at least I think it was) at halftime on the Diamondvision.

That was pretty cool............