A tribute to our faithful friends

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

I have a pet cat named Bandit who is very ill. I am going to have to let him go in the next 24 hours. As sad as I am about this, it causes me to remember all of the companions that we have of the furred, feathered and skin variety. This post is an encouragement to all who have or have had these companions to take a moment and give some thanks for the unflinching loyalty and love they provide and how they make our lives fuller.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
squishy35
Legend

Sad news..... Pets really do become part of the family...... my sympathies....
South Pender
Legend

My sympathies too, Sir Purrcival. We've always had cats, and it's amazing how they become indispensable members of the family. Some folks think that cats lack the ability to feel affection and loyalty towards their human companions, but this is very definitely not true. They have their own way of expressing love. Sorry about Bandit, but strongly advise you find a new little furry friend as quickly as possible. He or she will capture your heart in no time.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Condolences, Sir P. The little critters hold our hearts. Cats and dogs especially. Be there at the end if you can, and let the healing begin.